1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donington Park, UK | WSBK 2012 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 11, 2012.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm more interested in his wife's reaction lol.

2. caferace

caferace No.

re-edit.

I dunno. I think Rea --> Haslam --> Melandri now. Still, Melandri forced the wide run. I think.

-jim

3. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

It looks like all Rea to me.

4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

whichever it wsa making the banzai pass into the corner fucked it up. The other I think shut it up trying to tighten a blown line back up (caused by banzai pass attempt by his team mate) and tightened back into Rea. Sucks, but racing. I think Rea was already commited

5. watskooo

watskooo Well-Known Member

Rea wasn't close to being even with Haslam, as Rea's front wheel made impact with Haslam's leg. Hard to see how it isn't all his fault, as Rea basically ran into Haslam from behind. Even if Haslam had to take evading action after Melandri's attempt, he entered the corner well ahead of Rea.

6. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Regardless of all..who dunnit, both races were awesome. Would have liked to see ole Tom get a win though. Also looks like Chaz is a little more comfy on his bike, breaking into the top ten..:D

7. Vort3xR6

Vort3xR6 Well-Known Member

Rea is a prick. Dirty ass moves. He wanted to force Melandri down since Race 1. His post race interview was just as smug and dirty.

8. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

"And you will know my name is The Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee"

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was thinking "git the f@ck outta ma' way" but yours will work. :D

10. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

Did you get a sufficient replay from Speed?? It was solid mc racing. Imola 2002 level...almost.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Speed/ the world feed didn't show a replay of bumper rea.

12. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Another reason to have the race's DVR'd...:D

13. 418

418 Expert #59

14. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Just watched it 5 or 6 times in slow-mo. Haslam on the normal line with Max right behind. Rea up the inside waaay too fast and punted Haslam off into Melandri. IMO, if Rea hadnt hit anyone, he would've run way wide on exit. I'd be willing to bet he even had his eyes closed:D. He screwed the pooch on that one.
    Cheers, Lee S.

15. Vitamin-E

Will all due respect..and I did say with all due respect...I disagree. Just watched the last 7 laps and Haslam's knee was over the paint to a foot out of it on every one. On the last lap he was a bike and 1/2 to 2 bike widths off of his usual line. Last lap was a replay of lap 5 when Haslam tightened up on Melandri (except Melandri was a bike length behind). On the the last lap, instead of no one there, there was Rea. Racing incident.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  16. ton

ton Arf!

first- holy shit, whatta race!

Hodgson was really fired up in the post race discussion. he's absolutely convinced that Melandri was responsible for the whole debacle, saying that he started the cascade with a stupid move that was never going to work, which then opened a hole for Rea underneath Haslam (which Haslam slammed shut on Rea).

just knew that was going to end in tears though. lot's of overly aggressive moves...

Jim, are you going to be able to air any of your discussion with Whitham on the show? i really would like his post race take on it.

as for Biaggi snubbbing him on the grid... he always does. nothing new there. some guys just don't wanna talk. lay off.

damn! that was fun. gutted for Haslam though.

17. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with what Whittam said after the race in the broadcast. Stuipid move by melandri, ruining a 1 - 2 for BMW on a pass that was never going to work. Which opened enuf room for Rea that any racer would have went for on the last turn on the last lap for the race win. (and I am not a Rea fan)

Also MotoGP got nothing on WSB. Five riders within a second the whole race for both races never knowing who would win. 2 awsome races.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  18. Vitamin-E

This^. Melandri's crazy lunge sent Haslam wide on the entry of the corner which gave (mah boy) Rea an opening...which he, of course, took. Haslam tightened up into Rea. And I AM a Rea fan...and a Haslam fan:D:D:D...but mainly a Kawasuckie/tom sykes fan.:(:(:(

This is the first M/C race I've watched over and over since like 2004. WORLD SUPERBIKE!!!!!! MotoGP should be ashamed of themselves.

19. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I must of watched it 20 times and keep seeing it all this way^^. IMO Rea would of went way wide if weren't for playing bumper bikes. Sucks for BMW big time.

Ride safe,
    AAron

20. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

concentrating on the task at hand