1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Vintage National Championship determination (V1-V6lw)

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Dec 13, 2011.

#156 Well-Known Member

Make that 5.:Poke:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Keep acting like one I'll keep calling you one. Act like a normal person with actual questions and I'll treat you as a normal person and answer them. It's really a simple thing to do.

3. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Wayne...just come back and race with us;Life is to short to agure about stupid stuff.I'm still having fun after 40 years of racing,don't miss out on having fun.See ya at the track soon.......peace.......

#156 Well-Known Member

Thought i was talking to charlie and got called a asshole again!:D I'd say that shows who the ass is !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  5. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

I blame Joe.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ Makes two of us. He'd comment but right now he is still cleaning his RZ right now. So we won't see him for a week or so....

Soooooo speaking of assholes....... The vintage stuff happening at Cycle Jam!?!?!? :Poke:

7. TSWebster

No, he's cleaning the hybrid.

And I'm stayin' home if the vintage stuff doesn't happen.:D

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh actually if the Vintage stuff doesn't happen I am damn sure staying home. That's the only reason to go to that godforsaken place. I have the absolute worst luck there. AND it's a 9 hour drive.

Steve you figured out what it was yet?

9. TSWebster

I am pretty sure it is a jetting problem. JD thinks it may be as simple as going from the 93 octane to the 110 octane. I bought jets today.

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ahhhh gotcha. I did the same. Jetting was pretty good but would need smaller ones for when it heats up. According to the WEGO I was running like a 12:1 A/F ratio at the top.

11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

What? Did somebody say something? I was busy and had to run out to go get more Simple Green, WD-40, and Zymol wax. :D

12. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

:up: Well said Doug. :beer:

13. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Summit Point DH

Well, not everybody has gotten the final word yet. We had one Vintage champion show up at the first Summit Double Header expecting to race last weekend. I headed him off before he payed the entry fee, so he got to keep his money in exchange for his disappointment. :(

I wonder how many riders will show up at the AHRMA Barber event expecting to post-enter?

14. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Good point, I'm pre-registered

Just got done registering for Barber May 13th race, thanks!

15. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Man, thats a bummer.

It could happen Eric....with that event being as big as it is. As you know, I was extremely disappointed in some of the policy changes made for that event.....but thats the way it goes.

16. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

...and lemme tell ya, he was reaaaaallll pleased about that...Rich's daughter had taken off work to spend the weekend at the track with him, it was her birthday...This definitely fell into the "Not Good" category...

Which begs the question, where can one find an accurate schedule that denotes Double Header (DH) versus Vintage (V) events? I know I had located one months ago but I can't find it now. The one on WERA's website looks like years past, the one at the top of the page looks like the old way of doing business, sooooooo? Where's the accurate schedule?

Oh, and hi guys, been awhile, good to see ya'all again...

Whoops? Ahhhhhhh...OK, I got it, so the one at the top of the page denotes double header races, which of course excludes vintage, but the one on the website is well, like it used to be...MMMkay...Got it...I knew I had found it somewhere...Driving me crazy...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's simple - if the schedule has a DH by the events then there are no Saturday Vintage classes. Same as I've been saying since we decided to try this. It's not that difficult to understand and I truly am sorry about Rich showing up but I can't hold everyones hand. I have posted the information, it went out in press releases, it has been on the main WERA site. It is out there and all of the other riders knew and understood.

What "one on the website" are you talking about? I did make a schedule and posted a link in this forum to specifically help the Vintage racers understand it but the normal schedule with DH listed is more than clear enough. What exactly is confusing you?

18. Chumbucket

Um, this one?

http://maps.wera.com/schedule/?x=1098

Look at the large link up top labeled, "Yearly schedule"...Says it was last updated in March?

It's wrong.

Although I did discover yesterday, mixed in amongst all the event schedules stacked one atop the other, something labeled, "2012 yearly schedule 2.0". If you look carefully, oddly enough it seems to be correct. It's right there between Talledega and Las Vegas...I haven't checked to see if there's a 3.0 down the list, I probably should...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How is it wrong?

You're complaining and I get that but I really need something specific to look at other than a general "it's wrong"...

The other schedule is the one I did with things labeled differently but it's the same schedule. It is not as up to date with regard to contingency etc... as the main one. Which is why it isn't the main one and why it was buried down the event schedule list - it is not the main early schedule. If it were then it would be at the other link.

20. Chumbucket

It gives no indication of a format change at all? It doesn't denote any Double Header races? One could look at it and say, ohhhh, if you had been doing this 27 years and didn't visit the message boards or get press releases be led to believe that the format was the same? It says YEARLY schedule so you might assume that it is the YEARLY schedule instead of looking for the ACCURATE yearly schedule under the heading of the EVENTS schedule titled "2012 yearly schedule 2.0" and stacked in amongst all the race schedules? It's misleading that way, aka.; Wrong?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012