1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Vintage National Championship determination (V1-V6lw)

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Dec 13, 2011.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

That's Stickboys V7 credo............don't know how well the pimp attitude is received in the LWT V6 ranks..........HWT6 and V7........you fit right in.

Stickboys V6lwt credo........before there was a v6lwt........I love my poor bent sad Hawk.

The V6lwt guys talk more about feelings and such.............got it.

Get back in the garage..........the season starts in less than 60 days.

:crackup:

2. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Yea Yea.........all this talk,maybe we should have a draft and pick teams........make a bet like the old days...........................Remember Joe Joe.....that was fun...............

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Yea, but you never paid up on that bet. :Poke:

4. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

repaired :D

5. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

You kept changing the rules...............until we were the last two standing......you owe me....................

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Off season indeed :D. I see your H2 and raise you a CBR400RR, and raise you the SP with a RVF400. However I don't believe it's legal for V6Lw. Although the engines are essentially the same from 88. I got nothing for ya with the hybrid except the 490 kit that will go in the FZR.

I've never had the pleasure of riding a 2 stoke sadly enough.

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ehhh.... V6LW has the ability to modify and morph into a pimptastic breed of racers... :D

Oh I could go to the first race tomorrow with two fully working bikes. Just won't be pretty bikes. Well except for the 35 anyways.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep should be some nice size grids. Especially for Barber in May. We gotta get Brad back out on his.. Hell where's Ryan Nelson? He still have his?

9. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Ive got all my fingers and toes crossed that the GNF falls on friday for us vintage guys.

Barber and Road A are both quite a trip for me but if its on friday next year Ill start planning for it the day its announced :beer:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

RA is not a horsepower track no matter how much people keep trying to say it is. Mid range and drive off corners as well as corner speed will trump top end power every single time there with all else being equal. The back straight is really a small portion of a complete lap.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

No offense Sean but until you've been on a 330lbs bike with 30hp or a 350lbs bike with 55-60hp and cannot stay in a draft on that loooooong back straight with a 10% -15% HP deficit ... You cannot speak intelligently about the subject.

A 400lbs bike with 120-130hp..... Mmmmmmm.... not so much.

Or hell even a

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry Dustin but no. 15% may matter yeah but if you're down 15% that doesn't make the track a horsepower track, it makes your bike crap :D 15% down is going to matter at ANY track including Barber so you might wanna work on it...

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

LMAO Hey now!!! You must have seen my bikes!.

Well I certainly can't disagree with you there. Would one say 10%?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've seen a bike with a 8-9% deficit beat a faster bike. Both bikes, same dyno, run back to back. Lower power machine had more in the middle and would pull a hair better off of every corner, higher power machine could catch up going into 10a but not get around. They were pretty equal on braking and mid corner. Really good racing actually.

15. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

I am faster at Beaver on my Gpz 750 with 88 hp than I am on my Gpz 1100 with 127 hp. The weight, breaking and handling of the smaller bike makes it much easier to ride on a smaller tighter track.

I think it will have a greater effect in classes where more modern bikes are indexed into a class with older heaver bikes.

16. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Is the straight at Road A longer than Summit?

17. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

It seems like it is longer than SP, because you would come onto RA's back straight in a much lower gear. Second maybe third at RA, fifth gear at SP. Coming out of slow turns onto a long straight is where more hp seems to pay off.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's less straight and I think it might be the same or a hair longer. The rest of Road is a lot more turns than Summit and a half mile longer.

19. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

Per Google Earth Road A back "straight" is about 4,300 feet and Summit front straight is about 3,000 feet

20. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Have to include the chant with that, ....remember it Charles?

Hargo, Chango, Mango, Mongo...repeat.