1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Vintage National Championship determination (V1-V6lw)

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Dec 13, 2011.

1. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

If I can help.

From the schedule that Chum points to it shows this:
    4/14-15 Summit Point Raceway, Summit Point, WV-DH,rs,

At the bottom of that page it's got:
    Key to Schedule Abbreviations

Counter Clockwise-cc, Clockwise-c, Double Points Round-D, Held Leathers-HL, Honda-H, Combined w/National-N, WERA Riders School-rs, Suzuki-S, KTM-K, Yamaha-Y,

No mention of what DH means. I don't know if having the DH in the Key to Schedule Abbreviations would have helped in this instance but it couldn't hurt. One more way to get the information out to the riders I guess. Or you could just move to the Hand Holding method.

This change had quite an effect on the vintage racers in the northeast. Quite a few of us looked at this event as our season opener. The snow finally seems to be gone, the weather is starting to get warmer. Racers are looking to race. Some of the racers are trying other ways to get that fix we so desperately needed. It's now a long time until the next WERA event in June. I understand that WERA needed to try some new ideas to ensure the health of the business. I truly hopes this works out because the racers need to race.

Just some thoughts I wanted to toss out there.

Craig

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

No real dog in this hunt, but....

I did like the "V" designation that you tried Sean.

Its not one thing means another, like DH=NO vintage....Using your V method could help with confusion sir.

It is clear and to the point, if nothing else....especially since the Vintage events are in the minority.

Yo Chum...WTF?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What did you think the DH meant after the events?

You can keep trying to make shit up but quite simply there is nothing wrong with it and it is not misleading. It is not wrong. It is the yearly schedule.

I'm sorry it happened but seriously - why is it that only one single rider of the thousands we have not understand?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

According to Chum logic the V thing won't work - because that would just confuse the Vintage racers who are on the schedule for the other weekends.... :rolleyes:

This is the type of crap that is just annoying. I do get it, his friend had a problem understanding it. But placing all of the blame on WERA is just ridiculous. All of our other Saturday Vintage riders got the word and understood the schedule. Even Chum himself understood it even though it was oh so "wrong"....

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're absolutely right, that should be in the abbreviations area, thanks for finding that.

6. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Hey, Charlie, what's going on, dude? Missed ya...Life got in the way for awhile...

7. Chumbucket

Anyway, not feeling any compelling need to be "right", particularly in any internet pointless sense...I'm glad I had this chance to voice how things may have been just a bit confused. I feel a little bit better, and that's always nice, and anything that enhances communication in the future, well, that has to be a positive thing, right? Sure...I mean I don't want to have to hold any hands or anything about what up to date schedule should be located where, 1.0. 2.0, Event calendar, hey, whatever...

Be advised though that not every WERA roadracer gets Roadracing World (like the old days), or hangs on the internet BBS, they will go to WERA's website to find the schedule, major format change from years past might even be worthy of a note on the schedule itself to avoid confusion. IN the past, when the rulebook was done well before the season started, contingency and series sponsors were lined up in the offseason, and whatnot, this was done with a mailing of course before the season started. Nowadays of course that cost can be avoided, so if the website is going to be the primary form of communication, it might behoove all involved to strive to ensure that communication is unambiguous and clear.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In the past the season didn't start the first weekend of January.

Major changes are announced on the website and on here - maybe riders need to check those. The website was unambiguous. However it seems you're saying the rider didn't read the site and somehow got to the schedule without looking at the main site.

We're striving to change with the times as needed. Sometimes our customers will have to do so as well.

I truly am sorry if even one rider doesn't get the information but I also think we did a lot to make the information available to them.

9. Chumbucket

That's cool, Sean...Water under the bridge...I'll keep Rich dialed...

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One thing we are going to work on is getting good email addresses for current racers and we'll be able to email out a newsletter like we used to mail to everyone. Doing a push for that will also give us an idea if there is anyone out there actually not using email too.

11. CharlieY

Hey Sean, not meant to be annoying, just a suggestion....and by no means placing blame at all. I'm confused where you would get that.

Anyhow, I liked the V = Vintage on the schedule, and thought it was very clean.....I "thought" that was all I said....maybe I'm Wrong. :)

Glad you are still kickin Chum

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been a long bad couple months, sorry if I'm more assholy than normal.

13. Chumbucket

Good idea on the e-mail, and hey, keep plugging their Sean, this too shall pass...Economy gets back on track, grids will be filling up, we'll be back in high cotton in no time...

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The racing end of things has been pretty good. Just other shit going on. It's getting better already tho. Good morning with a new dog and a grandkid spending the night.

I am sorry if any of my responses were overboard. I don't apologize for the core of the response but the manner in which they were delivered.

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

nothing to add here...just wanted to say I like the use of the term "assholy"...

:D

16. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

:stupid:

'assholy' made me chuckle. :D

17. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Asshole is the noun, as in "Mongo is a real asshole."

Assholery can either be a noun or an adjective, depending upon use, i.e., "Mongo exhibited extreme assholery" or "Assholery behavior was exhibited on the WERA Vintage BBS."

Assholishness is an adjectival form, i.e., "Mongo's assholishness reached a peaked level at one point."

I'm not sure assholy is a real word, but it may be one of those circumstances which warrants derivation or creation of a word form, adjectival or adverbial, to describe a particular event or situation . . . i.e., "Mongo was really assholy in April 2012." ;)

Thank you Sean, and Evelyn, for all your WERA Vintage efforts and your continued support of our sport.

18. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Sorry, counselor, but Assholish is the adjectival form...assholishness is a noun, and the subject of your example, which the possessive form "Mongo's" serves to modify as an adjective. :Poke:

Which is an example of obsequiousness...another noun.

What a bunch of assholes. Really. :D

19. CharlieY

Altho I'm impressed with David and Erics knowledge of the english language.....I thought "Assholy" summed things up fairly well. :rolleyes: ....Maybe Sean has one up on you bookworms.:Poke:

Hey David, good seein ya yesterday....dont get much better than laying on the hillside above turn 10, watchin the races with a cold one, huh?....Lovely day I say!.....did I say that correct?...I mean correctly....:)

20. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Eric -

I stand corrected. Thank you. Given the number and diversity of assholes I encounter in my profession, I must say I am somewhat chagrined to have made such a grevious error. But, I'll try not to let my grin get shagged.

Charlie -

Indeed, it was damn good to visit with you. It's been far too long and I hope to remedy that this year with more race appearances. Now that I have that whole desert racing thing out of my aged system, I hope to build some B50's to rejoin the CB350 parades. Good crowds at Road A this weekend, altho' they were still far short of the crowds in the 90's. There's a new group of talented riders emerging and its good too see the sport re-emrging after the Great Recession. It may be slow, but there's a glimer of hope.

See y'all at the track.

Cheers,