1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a company make you go on a business trip and then make you share a room?

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Give me her number, I'll tell her...

2. Mblashfield

Tell us where she works, I know ten people that would take her job like yesterday.

3. Hellgate

Hellgate Active Member

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

She needs to look her boss straight in the face and ask him how he's gonna sneak up to her room if she has a room mate.

Or, pay for a room, even if its a cheaper hotel in the area. I wouldn't make too much of a stink about it. I'm guessing she makes decent coin so whats $75 or $100 to keep the peace.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Used to have to do that and it truly sucked. Guy was obnoxious, would steal everything in the room that wasn't tied down. Went to take a dump one morning before we left, all the toilet paper was gone. Gone to the trunk of the car with all the towels, light bulbs, batteries from the remote and anything else that literally wasn't bolted to a table. He would get up at the crack of dawn and turn the tv on loud as f*ck, then start making noise. Never again. Never.

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Man. I am just blown away by these responses. I had no idea a company could force that on someone. I would never be able to share a room with someone that I was not sexually involved with or an immediate family member.

7. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Yup! Government employees have to share rooms all the time.

When I was working for the Government back in the early nineties I had an unchosen roommate who would eat a bag of peanuts every night and drop the hulls on the carpet, where I had to walk over them to get to the bathroom. Even though I was 13 years older than him he would not take my advice to stop living like a pig or I would make it stop. I let it rock on for about a week as he seemed to enjoy pissing me off each night with his slovenlyness.

It was a great show the night I invited the Senior Drill Sergeant up to my room to check out my new golf clubs...and PFC douchebag had just finished his bag of peanuts.

8. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

dont join the military.... you could get stuck sleeping in a room (bunk beds) 2 rows of 50. LoL

9. First World Problems

10. wood600rr

wood600rr Well-Known Member

Didn't any of you go to College? What happened the first day in the Dorms when you met your new roommate?

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Nope. No way should she have to share a room. Thats complete crap in a corporate environment.

12. Mblashfield

Who do you work for?

I KNOW you dont own your own company.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I didn't read all the answers, but as a sales guy, I've had to do it with a couple of smaller companies at sales meetings. I didn't really care, not like I was out trying to score some action, I'm married. Now as a small business owner, if I had a function, the people that make things like this difficult are the first to go at the next round of cuts.

14. Mblashfield

Do you guys know what car pooling is?

15. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i went on a business trip with a group, had to room share, and almost got arrested on drug charges. that was the last trip i did, and quit shortly after.

i would request my own room, or I'm not going.

16. Mblashfield

Didn't you guys see the movie CEDAR RAPIDS?

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

When I went to camp, went to school, joined the Army, etc. I expected room mates, it's part of it. I did not expect room mates when I began working in a professional capacity, and the sad thing about it was those were the worst. I won't do it again, I will pay out of my pocket before I do.

18. Mblashfield

What company do you work for?

19. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I work for a big corporation, and you get your own room, and these are at the Marriott type hotels. We had our facility managers meeting back in Oct. of last year, and there were around 20 of us that flew in from various sites, and all had our own room. I can only imagine the complaints they'd get if they even tried to make associates share a room.

I'd think there could be legal action taken if someone was fired for not attending due to not sharing a room. A business can't make you share a room.

Dits?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  20. Mblashfield

What company did you work for and which one now?