1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any .22 fans?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Shotgun News offers a Gatling style hand crank reciever for 2 of your 10/22 rugers that fires 300+/rounds/min. mounting them back to back, pom-pom gun style for true family fun.

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

3. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Yeah but damn, $400 NOT including the rifles???? Kinda steep imo, then again, never seen another......

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yep. Bought the 10/22 yesterday. :D

I would have moved out of the city years ago if the market wasn't tits up and my wife didn't have an addiction to higher education. It's funny, I've lived my entire life in the city and when I bought my house at 25 I wouldn't even consider something outside of the city. It's all I've ever known, the convenience, all that.

Now I can't get out soon enough.

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

7. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

8. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Where's a good source for the .920 barrel for the 10/22? I bought a 10/22 S/S barrel/synthetic stock version over the summer and love it but I can't leave well enough alone and have to modify everything I own. The receiver is a little loose in the stock and could use a bedding job. I'm thinking of getting a Boyd's stock with a .920 stainless barrel for better accuracy.
    My state limits clip size to 10 rounds so I got one of these at Cabelas but prefer to just have loose clips after using it
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Alan...=ruger+10/22&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I bought a very nice 10/22 with scope and hogue stock. I now have a lot of fun picking the corners off the 1" grid matrix on the targets :D

I also bought a Sig 229 .22 Classic. The Mosquitos are dodgy, but this one has been very good. For another $300 I bought a complete 229 9mm slide/barrel. So, two Sigs for under $900. Then I added threaded barrels for both, and now I'm just saving my pennies for 2xSuppressors.

Enjoy your 10/22 :)

10. Newsshooter

Green Mountain and whistle pig barrels get consistently good reviews, Kidd, Volquartsen, will cost more. EABCO.com usually has something too. Look at the ads on rimfire central. Here's one with a stock
    http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=40542

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

MidwayUSA is a good source.

12. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link! I sent the guy a request to contact me.

13. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I did check them out. The barrels cost more than my gun. You get what you pay for I guess....

14. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Holy crap I am sooooo glad I bought this thing. :rock: I just killed half the damn night researching barrells, stocks, etc. I've got big plans for this little thing!

I'm so screwed, I've definetely got the gun bug.

15. gogreggo

gogreggo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  16. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

All this talk about 22's, I'm going to have to go buy one now. Thanks a lot fellas :mad:

I've had the gun bug for quite some time. I don't think it's possible to recover from being a firearms addict :Poke: Pretty happy with the collection. Some vintage, some not, definitely nothing new. Really have an appreciation for the WWII stuff. Funny thing is... I don't own a single 22 caliber anything. Henry Golden Boy is strongly on the list if I can keep Stickboy from spending my gun money on his tire stock. I haven't been good this year but maybe Santa will visit and the tooth fairy will finally find all those baby teeth still left under my pillow :D

17. Newsshooter

EABCO has a M1 carbine kit for the 10/22 that looks pretty cool.
    http://www.eabco.com/store/products/M1_Carbine_Replica_Ruger_10_22_Stock_and_Tribute-1800-70.html
    Also check out the ulitimate 10/22 forum on rimfire central if you want to spend LOTS of money on a 10/22.

They also have monthly fun shoots to challenge yourself too. I also found some fun shoots for rimfires on snipers hide too. Both tactical and position shooting.

18. RB

RB Well-Known Member

If any of you metro Atlanta peeps want to compete with your 22's River Bend in Dawsonville [ www.rbgc.org ] has a couple of matches that a beginner could try and Cherokee gun club in Gainesville [ google ] has their Extreme Rimfire Silhouette match that has a class for any rimfire even the 17's and 22mag. For this match you WILL NEED a 20 MOA base or ring combo on a 22LR as the rams are at 189 meters !!! Chickens are at 75m, pigs at 112 and turkeys at 144.

19. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I bought a GSG-1911 (22lr) hand gun and love it. My wife has a EMP9mm for a carry gun and I wanted something with the same controls for her to practice with. It shoots well for me but she sometimes has failure to feeds or stovepipes, Like once or twice a day of shooting. As this never happens to me I think its due to her not holding it firm.

The failures do not bother me (cause they don't happen to me) cause its a training/fun gun. Helps to learn to deal with any problems with the carry gun. My wife used to hand the gun to me if it went click, now she just calls out the problem and deals with it.

I'm thinking my next purchase will either be a Smith and Wesson AR-15 in 22LR or a 20 ga shot gun. Maybe both at the same time.

20. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I have a Mossberg 44US(c) that I inherited from my grandfather. He purchased it fromn the Ft Thomas armoury and I still have all the paperwork on it. It was used as part of the civiliam marksmanship program and rebarreled shortly before being surplussed out.

I only shoot out to around 50 yards through the original s133 peep sight.

It's not worth a lot, but is amazing accurate for an old neglected rifle and easily my favorite to shoot.