Talladega EX250 Endurance updates

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Fricken' PURPLE with a nice black line down the side! Nothing broke, though.

2. Baird

Baird Well-Known Member

Hey Kurt give me a call if you want a hand tearing into you old gen...I'm just down the street.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Heck yeah, send me those digits. I'll take any help I can get.

Did you guys check the diaphragms in the carbs?

4. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Yeah, I got it all painted, exhaust on it, just waiting for the contingency to put some rearsets and clipons on it.

I would love to keep the old gen and whoop on the new gens, and I'm sure it could do it, but I want to save some money to get a bigger bike.

I'm going to be selling my Buell also here pretty soon.

5. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I think that thing just needs a good carb and tank cleaning.

6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Well, then I won't remove them until the end of the season. Three seasons on one set of tires sounds good. And if the Dunlops I buy off Kurt last that long, I won't have to buy tires again until February 2014. <giggle>

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This is me we are talking about, it won't be that simple. Trust me.

:D

8. Liren

Liren Sippy Cup Siren

They only did one race in 09, and I had to miss a couple of races in 08 after that other 250 spit me off, so you've got another half season at least :D

9. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg Well-Known Member

Were you wearing red leathers on one of the rental bikes?

I was wearing blue/white A-star and gave someone a huge thumbs up coming out of the bowl who was on a rental wearing red leathers.

Whoever it was had the Ninja sideways and put down a huge tire mark exiting the turn. The thumbs up was for getting a Ninja 250 sideways and laying down a nice blackie...I didn't think that was possible.

Oh yeah and for not crashing because I would have been joining you for a ride in the crash truck.

10. Prof._HH

Prof._HH Well-Known Member

I was in black leathers, yellow helmet on the black 208 bike. I doubt there was any danger of me getting the bike sidways (not from twisting the throttle anyway).

The thumbs up I recall was exiting the carousel heading for the farmhouse.

11. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Glad you're okay. :up:

12. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Might have been me - red leathers, rental, lack of good sense....and a long pony tail

13. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg Well-Known Member

It wasn't you...happened a few laps after the restart. There was a group of us together and he went up the inside of me on the brakes into turn 2 then about highsided on the exit.

14. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I think that was me, unless it was after the hour and a half mark. It was always nice to see another old gen bike after all the new ones that were out there.

We were having a pretty good race up until that point. Alex ran away at the start, but I was able to run 2nd in the pre-2008 class for most of my stint. Billy and I were running together for a while until I was able to pull a little bit of a gap through traffic or whatever reason. I got back on the same lap as 3 ninjas (or as they were referred to in post race 3 mexicans and a ninja) after the red flag and managed put together some decent laps to make up some more time. I think our best time was a 14.3 according to scoring. Unfortunately that all ended ~10 laps into Oliver's stint when the carb issues came back to knock us out of the race. We may not have had anything for the three ninjas, but I think we could have at least kept you guys honest. Guess we'll have to see next time. Thanks to the sippy cup monkeys for loaning us their backup bike so the rest of our team could at least get a little tracktime. Thanks to Kurt too. I hope we didn't return your bike in too bad shape.

I always snickered whenever Parrish came by and I saw I wasn't the only one hand shifting. For some reason that amused me.

15. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

I got sideways coming out of the bowl in one of the first few laps. We got it on tape!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecsrmWSV3VU

Also got my bad start. I don't think I was in first. We couldn't get the thing to shift after Chuck laid it down in the practice before the race. The whole time I was out there I only had maybe 4th-6th. And I could barely get it to get down into 4th for the slow turns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o65pwwC7dj0

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Sanders. I was right behind him when he did it.

I felt so bad about the bike taking a dump like that. I really thought Karl and I had it fixed a few weeks ago.

If it's in too bad a shape once I start digging into it have no worries, I'll air my grievances here first for all to see (so be sure you have your "he's a stand up guy" crew waiting in the wings). :D

17. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I pretty sure Chris Parrish stepped it out big in the 90's.

18. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Thats what I was thinking also, Parish with the BIG slide. He was hauling...

19. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Just so I know, am I looking for a crew to vouch that I'm a standup guy, or you? 'cause we know a lot of the same people... :beer:

20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Stephen and Kurt are both pricks.

:D