1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talladega EX250 Endurance updates

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Jun 22, 2010.

1. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

How is this even a question, yes DUHHHHHH :D

2. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

:stupid:

This has to be the stuuuupidest question ever posed by the Kurtster! Needs some kinda beer logo on the lower as well.:beer::D

Plus we need a Waffle House logo and sponsorship. [​IMG]

3. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Allright folks lotta info on the website now:
    http://www.ex250endurance.com/

I'm shooting to have an official press release Monday and would LOVE to name a title sponsor at that time: The Bic Pen EX-250 Endurance Race!!!! (or something). Please if anyone has any ideas. Come-on KAWI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all know this is going to get press and a boatload of people interested in starting on the lil Ninja.

Oh yeah please join up the Facebook page if you're on there. I'd like to use it as the "conversation" page.

And lastly: There's a lot set-in stone but I've been famous for always being willing to ask a question. So trust me I'm open to ideas! Don't hesitate to throw some out.

4. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

How about 10 minute pit break at half way and then reversing the direction for the rest of the race?

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I heard the Bos Bros just obtained a 2-fiddie for this event!!!

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Lookin like I'm out. I gots no more bike....

7. SportisimotoUSA

SportisimotoUSA The Sportisi Master

Dustin I thought you had 2 250's

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I do but the other is up for sale and completely stock.

9. Huey130

RULES POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ex250endurance.com

Standard stuff... No surprises like Le Mans starts are anything.
    Biggest "waaaaa?" will be that grids and pits will be by drawing. Only fair way I could think of.

PLEASE look it over for holes, rules I've missed, questions... anything! And please keep pushing those sponsors. I swear I'm not trying to retire off this event. I just want it to be cool as hell for us, the sponsors but especially to get that playground built!

10. SportisimotoUSA

SportisimotoUSA The Sportisi Master

Le Mans start it Huey. I want to see the old guys run.

11. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Huey, can I still run the pace bike?

12. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I fixed it for you, AMA style.

13. Huey130

Yall check out the "there I was" story at the bottom of the about page for a day-in-the-life story of how this weekend will work.

14. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Hey Huey, Since the old gen and new gen are both ninja 250s, which means any part from either gen is actually a stock ninja 250 part, are we allowed to swap parts between gens?

15. Huey130

Per the rules only the wheels. I'll have to triple verify that but IF there's anything it'd only be the wheels. Other than that nope. Same year to same year.

someone correct me if I'm wrong.

16. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

As a non-ninja 250 guy renting one for this event, what's tire life/wear going to be like?

17. JeffroJ

The reason I ask is because the front rotors are different sizes between the gens, and the bolt patterns between the rotors is completely different. If you swap the front wheel, you would need to swap the caliper also, which really adds no benefit, it's just necessary to swap the wheels.

18. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

I don't think thats a problem Jeff but Mr huey can answer that for us :up:

19. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

A race dot (or whatever the best tire is for this particular bike) front will be good the entire event, and likely the rear as well. I'm sure some will change out the rear once.

Our team will be doing on 1 set.

20. JeffroJ

It's the front tire that goes out the quickest for me, I'm still on the same rear tire I started this season with, 3 track weekends, 2 race weekends. And we'll probably run the same rear tire through the enduro. It's the front tire that matters on these.