1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bmw s1000rr

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Fent

Fent I'm Registered??

At Daytona....I saw it!! :D

Todd

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Finished 15th (right behind JRP) and 19th.

3. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

Is Chip still looking for a bike to build... I would have thought the offer would have been scoped up by now.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Here's me in my turtleneck. My driving gloves are stuffed in my hip pocket...
    [​IMG]
    :moon:

5. ATL#1

ATL#1 Banned

Don't they all eventually?

6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Hahaha. Well played.

And, in all fairness, I said the turtleneck and driving gloves crowd gets butthurt over that, not that you did. I sort of gathered from the avatar and your Dungeon posts that you weren't one of the BMW owners that's certified dildo.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  7. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

This is the only thing interesting in this whole thread.

Anyone know the backstory about how hard Chris was pushing when he was there on the Suzuki?

Crazy if it's that much quicker in stock form.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:D

Here's my Beemer. [​IMG] A `94 R1100RSA I bought in September of `93. 104k miles so far.

Best I can tell, it's the beemer pilots who get more butt hurt about the cage creeps referring to their cars as "Beemers."

Since I don't know anyone with a "bimmer"*, I don't know how snippy they get.

*Minis don't count.

9. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Yep. This one dissapoints even more though. I guess between the hype of the BMW, the awesome offer from Chip, the fact nobody has snatched it up yet and that I'm considering the BMW as a replacement for my 5 year old R1 I thought it would be alot of greatness in this thread.

Instead all that stands out is a great offer by a reknown engine builder that still hasnt been accepted.

10. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

with a bike that comes off the showroom floor with 183 rwhp, wtf anyone (especially a trackday guy) would want a superbike motor is beyond me, i dont care if the motor lasts 10 years, thats just stupid power.

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Just a wanabe

Yes it is, but it would be fun as hell till the end of the straight! :eek:

12. Daekwan

The same reason you buy a .44 magnum, put a supercharger on a Viper or get penis implants.

Because we can.

13. racrx451

racrx451 Well-Known Member

you have a penis implant??? btw, if I had a beemer and the cash for said parts.... Chip woulda had the bike at his shop already.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

One thing that has me concerned about the bike in general is how they've optioned it.

The bike that most people should be riding (the one with all the electronic aids to keep the rider from slingshotting themselves to the moon) is the one that the fewest people will buy. The experienced riders with all the money will buy the expensive, safe bike, the noobs who want the most powerful bike available will buy the cheaper version, even though they need the help the most.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you get a BWM S1000RR and get a built superbike engine in it to run on the street, well you ain't right in the head.

If you get a BMW S1000RR to race in the WERA superbike series and put a built superbike engine in it, you ain't right in the head but at least you'll be racing with the right crowd.

I most of all wonder how the S1000RR would do in WERA endurance with the right riders on it.

16. Daekwan

I dont have a .44 magnum, supercharged Viper or penis implants. Weird you focused in on just that.

17. Daekwan

Yeah but its good reasoning behind that. The Japanese literbikes are at the $13k mark. The '10 R1 is $13,290. (The Rossi 'special' painted R1 is $14,500). For $500 more.. why not go for the Beemer which gives you 20-30 more hp (depending on which dyno shootout you believe in), a 36month/36k mile warranty, more exclusiveness and various other freebies (like a key that doubles as a tool to adjust ur supension). If you are paying MSRP you are dumb for choosing the R1 over the Beemer. Its simply much more bike for the same money.

ABS/TC is a $1500 option. Quickshifter is a $500 option. While they are definitely great bang for the buck upgrades.. it puts the bike in a higher priced market and they are upgrades that 99% of most motorcyclist have ridden a lifetime without. They arent necessarily must haves. Personally I agree though, I wouldnt buy a S1000RR without the ABS/TC/QS additions.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I wouldn't buy a S1000RR, no place to put the MG42 for the march to Moscow.

19. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Does this deliver?

Just trying to spruce up your disapointing thread. More to come...

Attached Files:

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do you think they're working on a tracked version?:beer:

[​IMG]