Kawi 250r race setup recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

ok Chad, read your post when we arrived in London this morning, now that I have gotten a nap, I have to ask if you were drunk when you wrote that? Dont know who you were directing that to, but please bring LOTS of cash for this season. I will be more than happy to tear my engine down to the crank. I can use the money, my daughter is getting married in May. As far as your riding, go back and look at the videos........Have to go hit the gym, enjoy :Pop:

2. stutts115

stutts115 Well-Known Member

Who need's the gym? No I was not drunk thank you. I know everybody at the track was wondering how most of the year all our bikes were all the same speed. Since this is only a pipe, jet kit, front springs, class (we thought). So how when everybody got to the GNF your bike was so much faster than everyone else? I mean you had people putting their bikes on the dyno because they thought their bikes were running bad. Well corner workers kept coming over asking Stroud how his bike was getting killed down the back straight? Don't know he said, pipe, jet kit,vp fuel. Can you explain how your bike was so much faster than everyone's? Thank you Chad:Pop:

3. BONEstock

BONEstock Well-Known Member

I sense a group hug coming :beer:

4. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Chad and Peter you both are stand up guys. Maybe this is a conversation that needs to be done in person or via PM. Chad congrats on the twins :)

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Enter Exhibit A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X45bt8yUxFI

I'm not seeing any difference in bikes here. Not to mention Peter was .980 off of the winning pace the time before. He went and got the bike set up right. Same thing with Dillions bike. I noticed a difference in his also. Mine I just messed up with a good formula and screwed it up and got cheap and just didn't keep with what I had found was the most HP with MR9. Hell mine and DJ's bikes had Ceramic bearings which made it retarded easy to push around. Not so sure about at speed but you could def tell the difference spinning it or pushing it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  6. SportisimotoUSA

SportisimotoUSA The Sportisi Master

I hooked up with World Wide bearings as a dealer for the 250 bearings so I got a set for cheap and they are super smooth. I don't know Chad but I do know James, Peter, and Chris they are all stand up guys. Usually one guy will find a little wiggle room and soon enough everyone is doing the same thing. Peter was the first guy to get a BRT Tis upgrade and he ran great. Now James, Chris X 2, Peter, David Gay, Dean Timjon all have them.

I'm not sure about who is cheating and who is not but I have heard certain things through the grape vine.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't care who is and who isn't...this is all just a bunch of whinning until someone throws down the money to protest. :)

8. SportisimotoUSA

I was gonna say that but I don't have enough posts to justify it. :p

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Wuuuurrrrddddd......................

10. Venom51

Damn little bike riders....they're so cut throat and serious.

11. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Wait till the 400 is finally ready and you'll see. Win it or Bin it!!! And take dood out on a badass bike in the process!! Ok OK I'm just kidding. I think If I ran into you I'd jump under your bike just to protect it. LOL

12. Venom51

I say a mandatory tear down of every 250 that shows up at the GNF's next year should be part of the plan.

13. Venom51

Hell in it's current condition you could out run it on foot.

14. SportisimotoUSA

Ehh or do it Olympic style. Top three get strip searched and drug tested.

15. stutts115

stutts115 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone on the congrats. But when all this started it was going to be pipe, jet kit, front springs, vpfuel, per Mongo end of story.. thank you

16. backbone

backbone scarred for life

WOW!!!

Just protest. I don't think anyone will get mad. Just do it. I know I'm still waiting for someone to protest my ass. I keep hearing we have a cheater motor. But all we have is perfect gearing and pump gas.

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ I was behind that bike........... Running MR9 and 102 jets. With a 14-46 tooth sprocket. But I guess the pods have their advantages... Fast bike for sure.

18. caferace

caferace No.

You guys are funny. And I mean that in the nicest of ways, having been down this path before years ago with the same bikes....

-jim

19. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Racers being racers, all is predictable and expected, but NOT in the spirit of the class as originally set. Should be a spec class period.

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Seriously? You don't see bikes passing in the corners, then getting overhauled in a straight line? Looked like 1/3rd of the bikes in that video had motor on the others to me. I know in practice if I come out of seven behind Stroud he wasn't too far ahead of me at 9, meanwhile other 250s were rolling right on by.

Ceramic bearings? Wow, just...wow.

I'm down with that.

Actually, when it all started the only mod that wouldn't get you called a cheater was springs for the front. Then it became a class, then Kawasaki put money out there. Now we have a bunch of people pointing fingers and not being excellent to each other. :D

+1 bazillion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.