1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storm 2 or wait for Android?

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, Oct 29, 2009.

1. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

How did you get Quickpull to work on v.5.000??? After I upgraded the OS Quickpull would not work.

2. You Blackberry peeps really need to pay attention to the Crackberry forums. Ask and you shall receive!

http://faq.steelthorn.com/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=26

Follow the steps to relieve you from physical battery pulls.:D

3. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

I hear something about the next new phone already due out in December for Verizon, the HTC Passion. What's the deal on that?

4. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

My friend jusd told me about that too. I guess I'll wait a bit to see what it's all about.

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Oh I'm definitely going to hold off a little bit now. I really like the sounds of that 1Ghz processor. That could be VERY nice. Especially with the multitasking ability of the Android software. Everything I've been reading indicates the market may very well be flooded with Android based hardware if it catches on. I've got a feeling they're right. This looks good. I was looking at the Eriksson the other day, another nice looking unit. I like the front end software HTC has been using to clean up the interface.

C'mon, someone with Verizon, let us know. I need a Christmas present. :D

7. Cool. I won't have to buy this one and discover it has problems...I'll just wait to see what you say after you buy yours! :D If you buy it before Christmas be sure to bring it to dinner next month with you.;)

8. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I'll let you know. Rumors are for it hitting December 10th. We'll see. If it does come then and looks good, I'll be all over it. :up:

9. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Loving my Droid right now...finally something to keep me online at the inlaws house on the mountain.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Definately no HTC Passion in December...Next phones out are the Palm Pre and the Pixie.

11. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Damn it! :mad:

12. farva03r

farva03r Well-Known Member

did the deed, got the droid. i likee.

coming from the omnia this thing is faaaast. gps is awesome. my buddy checked it out and the next day bought a droid. checked the apps store and they had alot of cool stuff. salesman said they were up to 18,000 apps now.

i use my phone camera alot and this one is ok. it doesn't seem to shoot decent pics in dim areas or is that just me?

task manager is a must to kill running apps in the background. i also made a shortcut for the gps/bluetooth/gps and light level. battery can go 24hrs with alot of net usage the way i have it set up.

if your on the fence make the JUMP!! you still get the 100 rebate when you buy the phone.

13. Venom51

There is an update being distributed now that corrects some of the initial issues. The Camera is one of those...it will be better after the update.

you don't need a task killer.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

You can look at the phone status and see what's using the battery and stop anything you don't like.

When you see apps in the background in Android it's not like Windows. Think of it more like "prefetch" in Windows. They are just faster to access after you load them once.

15. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

if I am looking at my txt msgs and put the phone down and let the screen lock itself... alot of the time when I unlock it, the phone freezes on the txt msgs app.

16. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Background apps can run and do things, just like Windows applications, they're not suspended if I'm reading you correctly. That's why you can listen to Pandora while checking your text messages, why you can build applications with services that run in the background to collect data or service network requests while the visual interface is used by a different application. Third party apps on the iPhone can't do that.

17. farva03r

farva03r Well-Known Member

is there a shorter way to "wake" the phone? i'd like to push/slide one button and be done. any shortcuts?

the task killer just gives me easy access to programs that are still running instead of going through settings, it was free!

18. Venom51

Just slide the screen over enough to trigger the keyboard. That will turn the screen back on...you still have to unlock though.