1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT - Concealed Carry guys - recommendations (again)?

Discussion in 'General' started by ThrottleJock, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Thanks, i'll pass it along!

2. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

I have tow High-Point's a 9mm Carbine that has to be the ugliest gun ever made that shoots fine. Also a 45 that I bought when they first started making them. I think I paid $105 fo it. It has been reliable and accurate.

I have many other guns that I much prefer, but for the money they are fine.

3. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

bump, for the gun guys in here.

:D

4. Heavy-Dee

Heavy-Dee Well-Known Member

Is there any reason to get a S&W revolver over a cheaper Ruger/Taurus? I'm thinking about a 2" .38.

5. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

I carried a sig 229 in .40 for years. I still have it.

My favorite now though is a Para Warthog. 11 rounds of 45 in a super compact double stack. It's really easy to hide with the right holster. It's a great shooter too, had 0 problems with it. Probably one of the smallest 45 you can get.

[​IMG]

6. Captain Squid

Picked up a new piece today :D

3rd gen Glock 21sf w/ ambi release and going to get some nigh sights for it thursday. Only complaint so far is I hate how "stiff" new guns are. Time to load it up and break it in!!! :D:D

Crappy cell phone pic

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nothing a little stoning and polishing can't cure in 5 minutes. Look up "Glock .25 cent trigger job" if you're not sure. Glock = Perfection.

8. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Congrats and nice choice SC!

Since it's Tupperware you can put it in the microwave for a few minutes to meld everything together.

I've got a surprise for you cats on or about the 29th :moon:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  9. davegsxrold929r

davegsxrold929r Well-Known Member

I did not know they had ambi releases? I have a glock 22 and a 35 . I love them and I was a 1911 guy before this. I just bought a 9mm barrel for the 35, have not tried it yet.

10. Smokngun

Smokngun Well-Known Member

I didn't read all the posts (cool to see so many people into bikes, into guns as well!) but I have a Russian Makarov in 9x18 Makarov (you can get them in .380 as well). It's a fairly cheap gun, very accurate for a small gun, thin, and 100% reliable. We don't have concealed cary in Wisconsin...but "If" we did, thats what I "would" cary. I'm a big fan of .45 ACP for a defensive cartridge, but as many posted here, the best gun to use in a gunfight is the one you have with you. My H&K USP .45 stays home cause it's just too big to cary concealed...not that I would. :D

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

New guns are cool. Picked up a Bersa Thunder 380 this past Saturday.

12. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

I had a Bersa Thunder 380 until a few months ago...EXCELLENT handgun for the money. Comes with one of those hex keys so you can lock it if you have kids in the house. It's fairly lightweight and very reliable. I had mine for a few years and never had it jam once. My next pistol will be a Bersa Thunder 45....another excellent choice

13. racr28

racr28 Maniac 2

Sig P6. I love mine. About $300.

[​IMG]

14. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

You guys have open carry what more do you need?

http://handgunlaw.us/states/wisconsin.pdf

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

The hex lock is definitely a neat, well thought out little feature. One of those "gee, that's so simple it actually works" kinda things.

I would like a Bersa 9mm.

That's mosquito pricing. :up:

16. Captain Squid

Ya they do on their 3rd gens. They are just starting to come out, I had to order this one. They also have an option for a Pictinny rail, but I opted for the standard Glock rail cause you can still mount stuff to it if you want, and if you holster it with a soft holster, the standard glock rail doesn't "catch" on anything like the pictinny rail ridges might.

Do a google search under images for "Glock 21" and it should pull a pic up of the 2 side by side :)

Love it so far, Night sights are getting put on this friday, I spent a little time last night just releasing the mag trying to get it to ease up, same with the slide lock, it's a b!tch! lol

17. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Good accessory sites?

I was going to start a new thread and this may have already been covered but I figured this was as good a place to ask this: what are some good reputable accessory sites? I am looking for some laser sights for my Glock 23 and XD .45 but I don't really know who's who in the firearm world. I know what I want as far as sights go but don't know the best place to get them.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

CheaperThanDirt.com

19. Captain Squid

Well I got my Streamlight TLR-2 from www.opticsplanet.com about a year ago, I opted for the TLR-2 cause it has a switch on the bottom of it so you can run light only, laser only, or light AND laser.

I had it on my P30, but my only complaint was it was longer than the gun, so it stuck out about an inch, but on my Glock, it only sticks out about 1/4" Looks 10X better on the glock

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

cdnninvestments and lonewolf distributors(Glock mecca) I've used in the past. My favorite place when I was in NC is Arrington's. They are a police dept supplier for Glock. I've been invited in the back before and they had hundreds upon hundreds of Glocks on the way to various PD's. Body armor, tasers, optics, shotguns, rifles, ammo, knives you name it they got it. They had the best new Glock prices anywhere when I bought from them. I just checked the website and it says they were sold to some new corp. Hopefully the service and prices are still good.