1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any word On Justin Marm

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Sep 30, 2007.

1. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

Its nice to see he has such a good group of friends and family. He is in all our prayers!

2. moto-heaven

moto-heaven Well-Known Member

Thank you !

I have just gotten a chance to get on the board and read all the well-wishes from everyone. Wow. Thank you everyone for your thoughts , prayers, and offers of support...and those who offered, and gave, immediate help at the track. It has been much appreciated by myself and his family.
    Justin has a very loving and strong family and I'm sure it is very re-assuring and comforting for them to know our racing family is also behind his recovery.

Please keep Justin, his daughter, and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Phil

3. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers from Pearl River, LA. Get well soon man ! :up:

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Pulling for you Justin, and our thoughts are with you, your family and friends.

5. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

It is good to hear the updates and the hope, thank you to Justin's Family for sharing that with us.

I've Known Justin for quite awhile and have shared many racing weekends with him and his friends, and as my racing career has slowed down, I can look back at many great memories and experiences I have had over the years with Justin.

I remember Justin working with Team Life in 2002 as we (Phil and I ) competed against them for the MWSS endurance championship, and I could tell he really wished to be out there racing, you could see it in his eyes as he talked about the season. Racing against Team life W/Justin was one of the most fun years I've ever had racing, as we were fierce competitors on the track, but great friends as soon as the race was over. Our teams helped each other out and enjoyed each other's company during the weekends, it is truly one of the aspects I miss the most, about not racing so much anymore.

Over the years since then, Justin became the racer he always dreamed of, and even though he got so fast I couldn't keep up with him, I was always happy to see him have so much success, and happy that Phil and Justin joined forces to become such a strong team, on the track and off.

Sorry for rambling, I just wanted to share some of my experiences.

Heal up my friend, I'm looking forward to seeing your smile again. :)

6. TristanP

TristanP Track Photographer

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery, Justin. You were one of my favorite pics from VIR back in March.

[​IMG]

7. Phil Young

Phil Young Well-Known Member

Thoughts & pray's, you only have to meet Justin once to know why so many have logged in here. thanks to his family/Phil for the updates.

8. TrayDawg

TrayDawg Hawaiian Tropic Model

Justin, you and your family are in our prayers buddy!!!!

9. GIOROJAS

GIOROJAS Well-Known Member

get well justin! your in our prayers buddy.

10. racer237

racer237 Well-Known Member

prayer sent from us. Hang in there Justin keep fighting

11. Rem6a

Rem6a WCR Racer

Heal up Justin and get well soon.
    Thoughts and prayers sent.

12. You are in our Prayers

Justin hang in there. We are all praying for you to recover.

From the Graham Family

13. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

justin, hang in there!!!!!

14. moto-heaven

I know Justin got his 07' Suzuki 750 ready to sell at or after riding it at the GNF. If anyone knows who was buying it can you please contact me or forward their info to me, it would be greatly appreciated so that I can still help make that happen for him.

15. Justin's Mom

Justin's Mom Member

Update on Justin - Thurs afternoon

Hi everyone - 3:45 pm, Oct 4th.

(We send out updates to family and friends daily - here's a copy of today's.)

Joe (brother) and Lynn and Courtney (sister) and her Justin are on the way down and should be here by 6 pm, Will (brother) and Dana came in last night, and Justin's aunt (godmother) arrived just a short while ago. They've gone to lunch while Dana and I hold the fort down in the hospital waiting room during the 1-4 pm 'quiet time' when visitors aren't normally allowed in patient rooms (and I can get on the computer / hospital wireless account).

Yesterday was a down day; today is an up day. Justin's temp today is more normal after yesterday's spike to 103.2 degrees late yesterday afternoon. He is pretty much breathing on his own, but still on the ventilator; however, they have started weaning him off that. He initiates every breath so that is a good thing. Later today, the nurse is going to try to put him in a chair (depends on if she has time) so he can sit up in a more normal position. They have lowered the sedatives but toward weaning him off that, too, and then maybe he'll come out of the coma. We are convinced he hears us as his blood pressure goes up and heart beat, too.

Generally speaking all his stats are pretty much normal. His temp spiked up to 103.2 yesterday afternoon, and they put him on a cooling blanket. Today, temp is normal. He has a bacteria in the blood and they are treating that with antibiotics. He has the start of pneumonia and is being treated for that, also. These things are not unusual so no cause for alarm.

I cannot tell you how great this facility is, and how professional the medical staff is. Justin is in the best place for the injury he has – there are six of these neuron-vascular centers around the country – state of the art.

The outpouring of support - truly around the world, is really incredible and so much appreciated. I sent out the link for this forum to our family and friends.

Thank you all again for your support and prayers and constant thoughts as we go through this. Justin is tough – he’s a fighter. No one knows how this will go – it will take time, and lots of time. But he’s young, he’s strong, has great medical care, and has the support of thousands of people praying for him - the prayer tentacles are reaching far around the world.

Just had a call from a racing friend of his up in PA (Jimmy) who is coming down tomorrow to visit with Justin through Saturday - so that will be really nice. I know that Justin will enjoy hearing that voice, too -- maybe talk of IOM will get him to wake up -- let's hope!

the really, really good news is that he has past the critical points as the doctor told us a few minutes ago (5 pm).

More tomorrow….

--Justin’s Mom

16. cornerjunkie

cornerjunkie Active Member

Yes, Phil, that is me. I bought Justin's first racebike (F4i) and I have been speaking to him about buying the GSXR. I will call you.

Thanks

17. moto-heaven

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's all good news and thank you for keeping us in the loop on his progress.

19. Chip

Chip Registered

:stupid:

Thanks for the updates!! Still praying down here in KWS land!

20. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

This is good news! Better than the alternative for sure. We're all praying that it keeps getting better!

I still remember phil and justin givin me a hard time at the Ruby Tuesday near Summit Point a couple years ago.

Thanks for the updates Justins Mom! Glad you and the family are near Justin to help him through this tough time!

Jeff