1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to beat the living s&*t out of this dead horse!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jun 8, 2007.

1. 1anoney

1anoney The next member

In LWT SS the rulebook says no bodywork restrictions, does that include the windscreen as it's part of the bodywork.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

can you honestly say that if the same person rode the same bike at a track back to back he would be faster with a double bubble than with a pipe/power commander?

3. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Does it matter?

Superwhatever isn't stock. So, pipes and Power Commanders and all are allowed. Stock exhausts are expensive to replace. Does WERA have production anymore? Maybe that's where you need to be.

Rules are rules. Seems pretty simple to follow.

4. Robby-Bobby

stock windshields are normally quite a bit more expensive than aftermarket. so you dont get the point. this is my horse! :Poke:

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Yep, it includes the windscreen.

6. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

LOL!

Yeah, I can usually get stock windshields on ebay for $10. And a lot of squids replace their stockers with double bubble, irridium, whatever.

Continue with your horse...:beer:

7. Robby-Bobby

ok so ya got me there but still, you aint got shit on my power commander argument!
    :D :beer:

8. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

other than the fact that you don't have a say in the rules to begin with:Poke: :D your sandbox=your rules

9. Robby-Bobby

you are 100% correct and i am no longer bored so i guess it will die in the threads now! :mad:

10. 1anoney

1anoney The next member

So is a double bubble allowed

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

yes, in lightweight.

12. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

What about anti-bubble? You know a concave design.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What's that got to do with you being wrong about the line being drawn?

15. Robby-Bobby

nothing at all sir, i was just hoping you have seen my argument as having merit and possibly removing the double bubble ban for ss classes as they are no where near the advantage of having a pipe/powercommander. but like another has said, its your sandbox, im just trying to let a few more toys in the box!:beer:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, not going to change any time soon. Has nothing to do with relative advatages. Power commanders are because we couldn't enforce a stock ECU rule. Pipes are because they were allowed in Expert classes when I first started working here and it made it easier for the Novices to get bikes as no one kept the stock systems. I would have kept it bone stock if I could.

17. GixxerGarry

GixxerGarry Well-Known Member

how could you not enforce a stock ECU rule? But can enforce a stock windshield rule?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll sell you a race kit Yamaha black box that, without tearing the bike down, no one would ever know.

Even Stevie Wonder can tell the difference between a double bubble from 10 meters.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, back before power commander and the like there were boxes out there that could reprogram the stock ecu. No way to enforce it. AMA has the money for all sorts of trick equipment and can't enforce it.

20. slidewayzBLAKE

slidewayzBLAKE I do the doubles

I like the bone stock rule because I cant afford any mods right now and last sucks