1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to beat the living s&*t out of this dead horse!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jun 8, 2007.

1. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

you can always run it anyway... if someone wants to protest you for punching an even bigger hole in the air... let them

2. Schump

Schump Pimp w/a Slight Limp

Das Blak Box

duuh...you mean like the ol' Yosh box, right? we had one at the 2nd bike shop i worked at in 2001...can't divulge the name, i heard a few years back there was $1000 on the owner's head....he put all the profits up his nose and took customer #4's money to buy #1's parts....."oooh yeah...iss on back order...iss on back order!" :crackhead: aka BS....anyways, i seem to remember it had 3 or 4 multiposition dashpots or switches for mixture, I think they referred to throttle posistion, can't remember, i never actually used it myself.
    when did the Power Commander come out, anyhow?
    :stupid:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually, that one is so obvious we just DQ you for it in post race tech. If you keep trying we then yank you from the grid.

You can always just follow the rules.

4. sanfret

Forgot that WERA DQs people without any protests being filed ... suppose you can always just ... follow the rules lol

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All sanctioning bodies will DQ without a protest being filed.

6. sanfret

OMRRA doesn't DQ folks generally without someone saying something. There have been folks on slicks in SS that didn't get DQ. While obviously they can, they don't.

.... another club, Peter ran against a known mod bike in stock class. Nobody protested, race direction just ignored it. If I had been there I would have let Peter protest (he won anyway).

... another club, they didn't even enforce their own rules, letting 65 and 72cc bikes in a 50-60cc class. Peter ran a 50 in the class... he was the top finisher on a legal bike. Overall he got second. But hey that is mini road racing, stuff you would never see in Flat Track or MX.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bummer. We don't enforce everything and don't tear down everything but we do try to catch the obvious stuff.

8. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Can't we just have fun, I mean get along

9. sanfret

Foundation for having fun is knowing the rules of the playground... nobody has fun playing Calvinball except Calvin.

10. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Its a really stupid rule is the point. A tall guy already gets penalized by having a larger frame to keep light. Im 6-2 .......I can't get to 130lbs like a guy 5-2.

So I not only get penalized for being tall with weight..........then I can't run a double bubble so I might have a chance of getting out of the wind.....

Its simply not fair to larger riders. The small guys have all the advantage with weight already.......let us big fat asses have a 30 dollar freakin screen.........please

11. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

as a fellow big fat ass...just this horse pass peacefully in the night.:up:

12. sanfret

well... I think OMRRA voted the double bubble into being legal in SS, along with air-shifters and what not. Might as well just make it a SB class at that point... but already have one of those... so why not just run SB twice and let it go. seesh

13. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

:stupid:
    most people run the same bikes in SS and SB, maybe change tires but not always so its just a way to make up different rules and create 2 classes and run 2x the races and get 2x the fun (and 2x revenue). :rolleyes:

14. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Alan Schmidt kicks ass.

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Are you guys really not winning because you cant run the double bubble? That really seems like a stretch to me.

16. Rem6a

Rem6a WCR Racer

+1

17. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

its cost me positions. It turns out that a guy a foot shorter.........has a chance in hell of getting behind that tiny stock screen

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you're saying it is a performance advantage?

19. Rem6a

Rem6a WCR Racer

I think they are saying we should have wind screens sized by height.
    5'5" gets an OEM 6'0 gets a 1.5 rise and 6'5" gets a double.
    :crackup:

20. sanfret

I really don't think it is the size of their upper body, it has more to do with the package behind the tank.