Italy

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Jan 13, 2022.

1. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Planning our trip for next year (late Sept). Would love to hear your feedback and how your trip went.

Our current plan is fly into Venice .. 2 nights...
    drive to Florence 3 or 4 nights. One day for me to head back to Boglogna and then to Tavullia.
    Drive to south Naples and spend 3 nights on a boat doing the Amalfi coast.
    Drive to Rome 3 or 4 nights and fly home.

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Sub'd for this.

Starting to think about taking the family and my in-laws (Italian and never been) over there for ~10 days.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Worshipping...

code3ryder and motion like this.
  4. jdanhires

jdanhires Well-Known Member

That's a lot of travel and not many days in one place. Naples is 6 hours from Tavullia by car.
    I'd skip any idea of 'driving' and take a train or a cheap flight.

Rome2rio is a really handy site for figuring out how to get front point a to b.
    https://www.rome2rio.com/

trussdude, code3ryder and Phl218 like this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

We left exactly one year ago today. Verona for 3 days and then Florence for a week. Day trips to Venice, Balogna, a winery in the countryside and a day at Cinque Terre. Hit Pisa for a couple hours on the way back. I would do Venice as a day trip. Had an amazing time and used the trains for all travel. I believe we got a 10 day rail pass which meant all trips were covered except for hi speed trains.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Cinque Terra is really cool, I think it was about 3 hours from Bologna, we stayed there 2/3 nights. This trip made us realize that little places like Cinque Terra and Lake Como, where we stayed in Bellagio for 3/4 nights are much more fun than big cities like Milan and Bologna.

I did love the factory tour and museum at Lamborghini and the 2 Ferrari museums, but the two little cities were even better and I’m a car nut.

2017 we went to Rome, (Naples best pizza in my life), Pompeii and (Pisa via cruise ship) and I liked all of them. Pisa we did via a train ride and spent a few hours there, which was enough.

7. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Ciao!

We have nixed the idea of getting a car for main travel. Train it is! Except for my trip to Tavullia. My main thought is to rent a car for the day... but then I thought how cool would it be to rent a moto instead. Has anyone done that or thoughts on doing that?

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Great idea! HP Motorrad has several locations in Italy, including Florence & Bologna. I've had several friends rent with them and all had great experiences.

code3ryder and Senna like this.