Pet peeve

Discussion in 'General' started by Lavana, Sep 21, 2016.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Nope. Two words: traffic circle.

People either stop and wait for you to go ahead of them when they're already in the circlen or they just barge right in when you're the one already in the circle.

Traffic engineers need to stop putting them in 'round here. These idtios aren't ready for em.

2. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

people who don't mix bondo enough.(streak city)

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Traffic circles, or rotaries as those of us who regularly deal
    with them are known, are as simple as can be. When coming
    into the rotary you don't have the right of way, once you are
    into the rotary you have the right of way. People who stop to
    let in traffic are idiots who are screwing up a perfectly good
    system and need to be flayed in public.

Rebel635 likes this.
  4. auminer

I know that, and you know that... but these meth-addled suburban soccer moms can't seem to figure it out.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

One of the first traffic circles the idiot savants sans savants at MN Department of Tourette’s imposed on functional society was on a stretch of highway heavily travelled by semi traffic.

The circle was too tight a radius for a semi to navigate without curbing inside and outside the circle.

Sheer brilliance.

Motofun352 likes this.
  6. auminer

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Say rotary here in Florida and watch the "deer in the headlights" look it inspires.
    In these here parts, them things are called round-a-bouts, Pilgrim.

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Ditto for the multiple (4) traffic circles on rt58 at Inwood WVa on the way to Summit. Pulling a full size toy hauler through those is just plain a PIA. I have to take up both lanes and even then I still ride up over the curbs.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I’m out in N and S Carolina the past few days. I’ve never seen so many traffic circles. There was even one to get onto the interstate around Charlotte.

Last night I drove from Charlotte to Raleigh Durham in horrible pouring rain. There are just as many idiots driving slow in the fast lane out here as in California, which surprised me. I thought california had the market on left lane slow pokes.

The other thing they do out here, which is illegal in California, is a bunch of idiots driving with their flashers on. When it’s really raining hard and we are all going slow. I don’t need to see your flashers. It just causes issues with the blurry windows and when you change lanes your blinker doesn’t work, so I have no idea you are about to pull out in front of me.

10. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Also their brakes lights might not work either

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

That's a southern tradition as strong as fried pickles, Lynard Skynard and losing civil wars. I think the official motto of the south is "Wipers on, Flashers on".

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

You sir have been convicted of misspelling on the beeb. You are sentenced to ten Miley Cyrus youtube videos. Sentence is to be served consecutively. :crackup:

13. auminer

Go easy on him.... he's a Simple Kind of Man.

IrocRob likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yeah. But I come into T1 like a wreckingball.

IrocRob and Boman Forklift like this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ahhhh that is beyond fucking stupid!!!!

16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

It was illegal in Florida until about a year ago and the dumbfucks went and made it legal to drive with flashers on.

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

What the hell is a rotary other than a Mazda engine or a civic club? Traffic circle and round-a-bout are the only accepted terms. And the US traffic planners always make the damn things too small.

Once a Wanker.. and brex like this.
  18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Ever drive with a south western transplant in a normal south eastern afternoon summer shower? The terror and panic on their faces is amazing.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Nah bullshit that's a recent thing at least in north Carolina

20. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

If you think you hate roundabouts wait until your local DOT starts replacing them with diverging diamond interchanges. My daughter's nearest freeway access 10 years ago was a typical on-ramp/off-ramp/overpass with traffic lights arrangement. Then the AZ DOT replaced that 5 years ago with roundabouts on either side of the freeway. Then two years ago they tore that up to replace it with one of the new monstrosities. And to make it more interesting, they then added a bunch of lights (which the design is supposed to somehow avoid). So now instead of having to wait on one light when you exit and turn left, you now have 3 lights to contend with. And if you aren't familiar with this particular exit it's hard to tell which 3 lights are yours.

A. Barrister likes this.