1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet peeve

Discussion in 'General' started by Lavana, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Pfffttt! you don't have to go there to experience that. Try the West Bank outside Nawlins. Traffic laws are more of a suggestion...

2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

From the comments at the bottom of the list:

The Uniform Vehicle Code states:

Upon all roadways any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic ...

This law refers to the "normal" speed of traffic, not the "legal" speed of traffic. The 60 MPH driver in a 55 MPH zone where everybody else is going 65 MPH must move right. Contrast Alaska's rule, 13 AAC 002.50, allowing vehicles driving at the speed limit to use the left lane, and Colorado rev. stat. 42-4-1103, prohibiting blocking the "normal and reasonable" movement of traffic.

Enforcement is inconsistent. Toledo police used to ticket truck drivers for driving at the 60 MPH speed limit in the left lane. Police looking for criminal activity frequently use the "keep right" law as a pretext to stop a suspicious car. On the other hand, a New York judge announced that he would not convict drivers for blocking speeding traffic, People v. Ilieveski, 175 Misc. 2d 943; 670 N.Y.S.2d 1004 (Monroe County N.Y. 1998).

Gorilla George and panthercity like this.
  3. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

This happened to us recently, and it was a Corolla at the only pump that had Diesel. She came back with lunch????

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. doubleapex

doubleapex Well-Known Member

$25,000 race bike, $50,000 late model truck , 30 foot toy hauler..................$100 generator.

Gorilla George, ts199 and t11ravis like this.
  5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Speeding is illegal too.

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Actually 5 over in the state of Florida isn't. But doing the speed limit in the left lane with someone behind you. Yep. That's ticketable. And not just that doing so makes someone a fuck head.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And?

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Go Trooper Wheeles!

"Sgt. Stephen Wheeles, an Indiana State Police Public Information Officer for the Versailles District, posted a photo of a car he pulled over for violating a law that went into effect in 2015 – going too slow in the left lane on the highway if a vehicle behind you is going faster, FOX 59 reported.

“I stopped this vehicle today for a left lane violation on I-65. The driver had approximately 20 cars slowed behind her because she would not move back to the right lane.” Wheeles wrote. “Again...if there are vehicles behind you, you must move to the right lane to allow them to pass.”

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/06...as-hero-for-pulling-over-slowpoke-driver.html

Quicktoy, Gorilla George and Ducti89 like this.
  9. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

This one gets to me:

20180917_080939_resized.jpg

SundaySocial likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I don’t get it, looks like the faster rider is in the left or fast lane.

motoboy likes this.
  12. motoboy

First Annual....
    Pisses me off.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

14. Howcome?

I read it to mean the first of something that’s going to happen every year.

15. motoboy

That's the inaugural event. It's not annual until it's been done twice separated by a year.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It works if they've already schedule next years event (but I do agree with you that it's idiotic).

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Werd. If the inaugural event fails there will be no second annual.

motoboy likes this.
  18. motoboy

I am sick of "doggo" and "doje."

19. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Americans complaining how much they hate America and never even leave the country to realize the world is a big cool place.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

But the ladies are really friendly!