Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

At full output it'll run for under 15 minutes.

3. Rance Taylor

Rance Taylor Well-Known Member

What brand do you have?

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Acme Tools? What could go wrong?

[​IMG]

backbone, Phl218, TurboBlew and 3 others like this.
  6. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

At the risk of imploding the Beeb... do some of you guys run warmers on 200* maxed out all friggin day? Why? Do the words 'heat cycle' make you tremble?:confused:

IMHO, a track day would be the most use. Come off track, install blankets, then 5-10 minutes before the next session, turn the warmers on. So... 10 mins max/hour of 1500W draw. A typical day (8 sessions) is only 80 mins max for 1500 watts of dual warmer output. Am I missing something?

I also don't understand running a generator ALL night:mad:. Even a large fridge and exhaust fan can last through quiet hours with a single 12V car battery. What the heck is going on in there? Watching pron on a tube TV??

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Only if it has a rippin' ass loud exhaust.
    Inverters must be shut down. :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A/C as well as radio and transponder charging depending on the situation/track.

TLR67 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I do.

why?

Because I fucking can!!!!

AC and sleeping in a toy hauler that isn’t a sauna is pretty awesome

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It is a Northern Tool In house brand. The only real designation on the unit is the model. NH or NT5800. I will grab the info this afternoon. I have had it better than a decade so there is probably a newer version of it.

Rance Taylor likes this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

10 minutes on warmers won't do jack shit

12. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

In the south we only run 3 things at night:
    1. AC
    2. AC
    3. another AC

13. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Quiet generators rock! Run a Yamaha, Honda, (or older Suzuki) next to your camping neighbors all night long, and they'll compliment you the next day. Extra quiet when you point the exhaust away from folks, and lean a piece of plywood or even cardboard against the intake / mechanical noise side.

CRA_Fizzer and Razr like this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Is that a true statement? I just ran the gamut of emotions from "YES!!" to "womp womp" in two posts.

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Actual runtime is likely less ‘cause nothing is 100% efficient, but that’s what the math says if their specs are accurate.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I actually cancelled an air b&b last minute because my wife booked it and it had no AC in the dead of August humidity that she didn't tell me til the day before

I cant sleep worth a fuck in a hot room. If I'm gonna be tired and sweaty it sure as heck isn't going to be while resting on vacation

I'd see my breath in bed if I could afford it

17. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Hey bumping this up as I'm looking for a small generator just to run a set of tire warmers on a supermoto bike and don't want to bring the entire trailer and 6500watt Honda.
    I saw a Ryobi at Home depot that might fit the bill.
    Any insights or suggestions?

Attached Files:

18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I bought a 3600W Wen last month for $410 shipped from the company. Arrived at my house in two days and the little bit I've run it makes me believe it's a winner.

Buell1965 and tony 340 like this.
  19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Why not save $100 and get the Predator 2000 from Harbor Freight? That's a proven platform that many people (including yours truly) have had success with.

mpusch and evakat like this.
  20. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

I have a champion 2000w inverter that runs my warmers, fans, and anything that needs a charge all day long no issues. It was $350