1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Forums Drying up / Dying

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jun 22, 2022.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

It’s like a more confusing Reddit, right @Steeltoe?

BigBird likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

MA has a forum or a bbs there, right? I think that’s where I heard of discord.

pretty stupid name for a “family friendly” forum home. Sounds more like a place for nutballs to post conspiracy theories and both about the Illuminati.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

In a real forum, you can tell people to eat a bag of dicks and no one's offended.

BigBird, sharkattack and Shenanigans like this.
  4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

There was also a huge consolidation of BBS under one of the IT styled holding companies.
    They bought a shitload of forums, and then tried to make them all look/feel the same while increasing the amount of ads per page and diluting the signal::noise ratio.

5. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Discord is a chat app that's organized into "servers". Anyone can start a server and have their own collection of chats. Users must be invited to a server, making the whole ecosystem more private. Discord also does voice and video chat pretty well, especially if you pay for it.

Discord is a lot like Slack. But it's way cooler with the young people and not really a work tool.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

lmao... psychobike.
    com had something like 1200+ new posts per day and 20x that in unique page impressions. The call out(s) were entertaining. Now its a verticalscope ghostland.
    The facebook group was scooped by some stranger that doesnt even own a motorcycle

Shenanigans likes this.
  7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

VerticalScope sux... they ruined so many sites.

Yeah Vertical Scope ...

NemesisR6 likes this.
  8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'm only here for the dick jokes.

tiggen and sharkattack like this.
  9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

What’s the difference between cha0s#242, Rush, and a dick? Nothing. :D

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Suck it :D

11. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

12. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

yes, they posted a thread on here. its just a modern chat board. the big thing is you have to be invited, so, when they ruined reddit a ton of people moved over there to do non pc stuff

13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

My oldest has expressed an interest in signing up for here. I told him to go for it.

You guys know everything.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thanks, that was it. They just seemed like the dude-bro douches of the online world.
    no one invited them, they showed up, puked, threw the BBQ in the pool and then put their feet in the punch.

thrak410 likes this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pm if his does with the Id he uses.

dtalbott likes this.
  16. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

the thing is, when you do a google search, it doesnt bring up any answers to your question via FB... it is always pointing you toward a forum answer. personally, I see the forums coming back as the FB BS, is just too much to take most days. your results may vary. Ski

Gino230 and BigBird like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And why this place continues is because it’s a giant, dis functional family at a holiday party. People act the same way (for the most part) how they would if the other person was standing right in front of them.
    And even if you don’t know the person you’re interacting with personally, someone you are tight with does.

you ain’t anonymous here and you might get punched in the mouth when you deserve it. :D

BigBird, beac83, FastByKids and 2 others like this.
  18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I will if he does.

Thanks.

19. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

FB is a giant rolodex with birthdays, pix of food, kids, family, cars and bikes along with the occasional boat or plane, gardens and meals etc. It has little room for technical discussions as mentioned.
    It is algorithm driven with questionable logic so stuff you may find interesting is not always top of your feed.
    Forums can die but I'm on a couple over 20 years and still have some of the same friends. They are much more forthcoming with qualified help and much less prone to drama.

black knight and BigBird like this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't understand Discord.