1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Forums Drying up / Dying

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jun 22, 2022.

1. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Hope you in no way took that towards you. Or anyone else.

First 6 words, so very correct. It does.
    The rest has anything to do with the other. Don't ask a direct question, back hand slap. I can say it, can't make you understand and won't try.

Enjoy it while you have it, the forum will be the least of it.

Done with the troll, life is too short. Peace.

britx303 likes this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

All good man:beer:

3. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

This is so Fuckin' true. I'm on Boxster FB sites and the same stupid questions keep getting asked and there is no search.
    the Forums DO have value and those tips & tricks sections where folks painstakingly detailed how to mod this or that and what not to do are really valuable. The 'kids w dead batteries' seems to be all over. Silly not to have a place of record to check back on and FAQ's and how to's etc. Oh well, time marches on blah blah

4. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Well as Winston Churchill said, "Internet social media that doesn't provide access to questions and answers from the past is forever doomed to repeat them." Or something like that.

CBRRRRR999, TurboBlew and Sudowoodo like this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im considering doing the screen shot capture of comments that hurt my feels and then contacting my lawyer. Dont try to tell me its just 1s & 0s!!! Recycled electrons hurt!!!

_indy likes this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Just wait until those electrons start being generated as phased plasma in the 40 watt range!

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Build threads were also my favorite thing ever back in the forums' heyday. Unfortunately FB and Instagram are kinda garbage for that kind of thing, so I started putting my last 'build' on MotoIQ.com. I feel like with the advent of things like tapatalk where forums can be accessible and easily usable on a mobile device, forums should be very usable again, but I think the FB/IG takeover is too far gone.

8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Black night captured how I feel perfectly.
    Who remembers posting a DIY or a mod how to just to help the community and not for likes, comments, subscriptions and monetization of information.
    Fuck me, everything now on the internet has to make you money.

photobucket screwed so many forums up with that idiotic move a few years ago…..curse them!!

black knight and _indy like this.
  9. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

I would be tempted to post a link to a sticky I made.
    The Speed triple forum ended up with over a page of stickies. Need a sticky for the stickies.

Admin sad, nope..
    So I came up with an idea and they liked it another forum.
    I created ONE sticky, each section. In that sticky was all the other sub sections. Service, engine, suspension, service, how to's and parts link. Avoid them, good breaker for parts etc.
    Did that once not asking (another forum) and one would have thought I was trying to steal all the members. No just a idea that worked for us.
    Do with as you wish.

Photobucket can KMA. Steal the pic's and then say, $300 a year. For my shit. FU. Talk about something for the law pushers, how about stealing materials from others. If they had warned people, 6 months this stops.
    New subscriptions cost 5 or 10 a month. No one would have cared. From free to 300. ROFL.

Dam, heading into dangerous waters. Out.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I never got the hate for the Dungeon.
    I don't like liver so I don't eat it, and those that like it can eat all they want.
    It never occurred to me to demand that liver should be taken off the market because I don't like it.
    Moderating it is another kettle of fish, though I'm sure someone would have done it.
    But I never got the seeming inability of some people who hated it to simply not go there.
    I think it was like driving by a bad accident where they're scooping body parts, and you don't want to look but you just have to.

Rebel635, R1M370, FastByKids and 2 others like this.
  11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

We should start a WERA discord

G Dawg likes this.
  12. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Hmm, oddly there is absolutely ZERO drama on the other board (Beeb's Dungeon). Everyone acts like a adult (even myself) and appears self moderated. Although there are a few threads I won't touch, it's a open place to talk about current events. Appears the only job the admin has is fixing broken stuff. :D :Poke:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And the best part is, with it all over there, I don't have to read any of it....

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m just happy a certain sect of peeps are no longer being subjected to having their little feelers hurt. :crackup:

R1M370, britx303 and FastByKids like this.
  15. britx303

So hostile. RED FLAGGED!!! :D

R1M370 and G 97 like this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I deadest the dungeon so much, I went there daily just to become offended.

britx303 likes this.
  17. britx303

:crackup:Funny how that works, right..........."I hate it, but im going to keep going there........" :confused:

R1M370, FastByKids and G 97 like this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sounds like work. :confused:

R1M370 and britx303 like this.
  19. britx303

At least with going to work you get paid. Some of the virtuous people here complaining about the old dungeon or the occasional political satire slips are full of shit. Yeah, its a no-no, I get that, and unlike them im fucking owning it. Some of us cross that little line from time to time But Its easy enough to go back 2 years and see they've also been part of that same shit themselves.........and outside of the old dungeon. And even easier just to not dwell on some peoples posts and feel the need to start filling out their beebs refund forms, because their butts got hurt. If we all agree on everything then its called a what????? Thats right ..................and I qoute....... "echo chamber". Wheres Red Foreman when I need him??? :D

20. 418

418 Expert #59

The politicking on here is kept to a very minimal by any social media standards. I think you're nit picking.

Also due to the current political landscape we are inherently tied to some of the political issues that affect our hobby.