1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gun Maverick.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, May 28, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I expected that possibility from @beac83 and I guess I should have known with you, I just overlooked the previous clues. :D

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, was there a sweaty shirtless dudes playing volleyball, basketball or wrestling scene?

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Close, beach football.

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

ohhhh yyyeeeaaahh

5. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

I liked it a lot. Watch some of the making of vids on you tube. Several of the scenes of the actors almost g-locking out in the film are really them blacking out. The level they got to “act” while getting the experience of their lives is something that will probably never be done in film again.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

Tom please come out of the closet

dj1991, cha0s#242 and Dave Wolfe like this.
  7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Saw it today. Damn fine movie! Highly recommended. Miles Teller is one of my favorite actors.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

OK... Y'all talked me into it.

I'll torrent it.

:D

Steeltoe, CBRRRRR999 and sharkattack like this.
  9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

You made a false assumption that I bother to see movies, and/or that I care about actors.
    A pretty boy is a pretty boy, but at my age, they are unobtanium, so I don't bother trying anymore.
    The only ones that try to get my attention have serious daddy issues. Nope.

I've never seen the original film start to finish, and doubt I'll bother to track this one down, either.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I can’t get any beautiful actresses either, but it doesn’t mean I don’t think they are attractive. Hope I didn’t offend ya, because that wasn’t my intention, just wanted to tease @cortezmachine

11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

No worries, I wasn't offended.
    Yes, I still appreciate beauty (of any gender). Just not trying to conquer it anymore. :beer:

stk0308 and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Cruise was pretty funny in "Tropic Thunder", especially when the credits were rolling. That's all I got.

BigBird likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

All this Tom Cruise talk and none about how fucking gorgeous Jennifer Connelly is in this movie.

BigBird, shakazulu12, stk0308 and 5 others like this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Are we allowed to post YouTube videos now?

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You feeling lucky, punk?

The.Johnner and YamahaRick like this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I don’t think so. But it’s such an awesome video, I didn’t want it to get lost in the YT thread. Happy to take the hit.

18. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I wanted to post the video of Quentin Taratino’s Top Gun analysis, but I didn’t feel like rolling the dice, so I didn’t!

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Saw it today in Imax. Great summertime film and I felt they did a good job tying in the elements of the past. I bust out laughing the moment the football game started.

20. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

It's pretty close. Not the Gs per se, just the feeling of things happening so goddam fast you can barely keep up. Did you screw up three seconds ago? Too bad, because something new and exciting is happening RIGHT NOW! I think both endeavors appeal to the same personality types, people with extremely short event horizons and poorly-developed self-preservation instincts.

SundaySocial, BigBird, ORIF and 4 others like this.