What would you do if you won the lotto?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, May 9, 2017.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I would sponsor FastbyKids kids and then send him to learn how a fast trap speed doesn’t necessarily translate to a fast lap time.

A. Barrister likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The captain speaks the truth and is quite wise. He must be a good observer. I used to have money.... life wasn't easy at all. You basically walk around with a huge bullseye on your back and worry constantly about how to protect what you have. Its total BS. I would rather be broke and happy. Old money is a different thing (my family was poor). That sort of money is like a comfy pair of shoes.

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Thankfully all my family basically disowned me way back when I was a broke-ass drug-addled shit head.

No-one has had the balls to try and weasel in yet. I guess I ain't rich enough to tempt them.

As I typed that, I realized that I really don't care much about if they do or not. I had hoped I would be looking forward to telling them to sod off, but that idea really doesn't mean that much to me one way or the other.

I suspect that lottery winner level money would pull a cockroach or two out of the woodwork.

Every time I think about how really serious dough would be soooo frickin off the hook, I think about my acquaintance who's probably within spitting distance of 9 digits to the left of the decimal. Dude told me straight up that he very frequently looks in the mirror and struggles to come up with just one good reason not to suck-start a pistol.

4. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE...
    Dream-killing sons a bitches!
    Don't fuck this up with the moralities of money and happiness...fk man:mad:

Don't screw up a man's fantasy.
    That's like watching "Castaway" and watching Tom Hanks starve to death.
    Or The Great Escape, instead of Mc Queen getting caught..how bout they just machine gun him on the barbed wire.:eek:

JUST A 1/2 HR. OF IMAGINATION AND DOPAMINE... CAN'T WE EVEN BE AFFORDED THAT?
    :(
    LOL.......

motion likes this.
  5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yes, but the key word was "afforded", the past tense of having had that kind of money. :D

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

But might rent a motorcycle from you to fly fish the checy browns

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’d find out what company some of you work for and then buy it out just to fire you.

Saiyan66, sdg, SuddenBraking and 3 others like this.
  8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Id buy the beeb, fire mongo, and re open the dungeon

A. Barrister likes this.
  9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Ok ķA
    I work for myself, work smarter not harder

10. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I'd buy an island somewhere warm and where the US dollar goes far.

11. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

lotto bucket list is a year off going to every F1 race interspersed with MotoGp rounds.Well away,Id have a new log addition added to my 180 year old log cabin house

12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Not every post is about you.

:D :D :D

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Nawww, Dave would be the announcer a la Michael Buffer.
    Lllllllllllllets get ready to throw dwarfs!
    You could start every event by lowering the microphone to just out of his reach.

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Guam is not for sale.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I heard Greenland was for sale

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

20+ acres, mostly wooded, slope on part of it...

modest house, rad garage with decked out paint shop, indoor mtb jump park barn for cold/rainy days, multiple mtb lines built by pro builder group and jump lines on the hillside with a mini tow snowboarder lift thingy so i can shuttle myself, dirtbike track or small private road course paved... Singer 911, Emory 356, GT3RS, SLC Superlite with a 4-rotor peripheral port and 787B graphics, something neat and comfy to daily, F-100 full resto on bags maybe EV... TZ750, R7, Suter MMX500, NSR500v, RSA250, something new and modern and rad to daily, something common and cheap to track that won't make me cry if i crash it. take trips a lot. maybe some farm animals or lease some land out so i can look at them sometimes and not have to actually be a farmer or maybe lease out some land for a vineyard so i can have that view too. 2-3 dogs. maybe get a PhD just because I always wanted to but its economically prohibitive currently. sit outside and enjoy the sounds of the bugs and have peaceful evenings. enjoy living.

Saiyan66 likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Pfft. It’s gonna flip over anyways.

18. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Wont be that far soon enough.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That's why ya gotta invest in ball bearings...and 30wt motor oil.

20. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

For my immediate family I would pay off all their debt, buy them a modest house to raise a family in, and a brand new car...then tell them not to ask for anymore because they wont get it. I'd set up a fund to cover college tuition for my kids, nieces, nephews, and cousins for my immediate family

Then I'd buy the top bike from each brand. A big as piece of land and have like 5 different tracks built on it.

Travel to places I never thought I'd go.

Retire and spend as much time with my kids as possible without making them hate being around me.

Keep 1 million in order to just play with, then invest the rest so that future generations live off the investments once they reach specific goals that allow them to access it. This way they learn to work towards their own achievements and not think they can be trust fund babies.

Last edited: May 22, 2022