So, you wanna work in show business?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

Sabre699 likes this.
  2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

McCormick Place?

The unions up there really screwed Autobahn Country Club. The worst is insisting on paving the track, when they had zero experience doing so. Of course, the track literally fell apart, which resulted in the ownership having to bring in the company who paved Barber.

The Todd and 27 like this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that’s it.... thanks...
    it’s been a decade...

And that place was ruined as soon as they picked the designer... another horrible track that could have been great.(sucks about the paving and unions, I just hate his shitty ass dangerous layouts)

ducnut likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

With the money behind it being car guys, generally, I don’t believe they’re as critical in what they see. However, having spent some time with one of the partners, I feel, they genuinely tried their best. I know, I’ve certainly enjoyed my time at their facility.

27 likes this.
  5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Yeah but those days were fun. Long hours/hard work? Yep. But damn, the memories.

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m just salty as there have been so many tracks built in the last 20 years that could have been safe and great for motorcycles that aren’t. I could even put up with his trademark shitty ass 90 left first turn followed by a double apex right followed by a shitty make shift mini straight followed by a flow killing mess of a double next... hate hate his tracks... rant off...

glad you enjoy it... and everyone for that matter... If everyone was as picky and pissy as me they’d never get ridden on :)

ducnut likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The union halls are what priced us out of doing motorcycle shows to promote WERA. That added on to damn near never being home and it just wasn't worth it.

stk0308 likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lyle Lovett today. Nice and easy, good people, great catering. About to get in my hammock and read then take a nap.

The Todd likes this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Old white dude. Reads and then naps in hammock.

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They let you into catering? Do you eat with their roadies and crew or do you get a second rate meal?

grab me a cheeseburger, I really want one. :D

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Most mysterious man in the universe. To this day, I'm still wondering how he bagged a young Julia Roberts looking like that. That was my first time hearing his name.

It took until Pete Davidson for me to be more amazed.

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So true. I used to feel that way about Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie, but Billy Bob looks like a model compared to Lyle Lovett.

The Todd and ducnut like this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Perhaps Lyle has other attributes.

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that one had the creepy daddy vibe on top of it. :D

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm tempted to ask him what led up to his drunken naked arrest. I've been advised not to mention it

16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Do it. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

That’s your move!

18. ton

ton Arf!

He’s a quality entertainer

19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah...but does he go to Halloween parties dressed as a gas pump?

The Todd likes this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm getting the vibe this dude a wee bit of a diva. His crew seems petrified.