1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

If anyone is interested Silencerco is doing a series of videos on their Instagram called “Hollywood vs Reality”.
    They are doing actual tests with things like pillows, potatoes, etc to see if and/or how much these things suppress the sound of a firearm.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Precisely why I went the route I did with my suppressor. Surefire 762. Durability.

*donning tin foil hat. Would definitely form 1 a sbr if I ever wanted one. But I have a thing against the gov having documented record of what I own anymore than necessary. Obviously with a suppressor, don't have much choice. But the difference between "pistol" and sbr? Nah, not worth it IMO.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. redtailracing

That's what I'd like to do. Got plenty of ammo and frankly had plenty before Covid. But it was a bit annoying trying to replenish what I used during Covid.

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I feel the same way. I only went the SBR route because USPSA dont allow braces for their PCC class.

RonR likes this.
  5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Reloading is a must if you want to train with 300blk. For me it's value is subsonic. An 8 lb container of powder will last forever and the rounds are so low pressure that the cases will also last forever. Buy the Berry's plated 220gr bullets for pennies and you'll be loading subs for around 25cents a pop. The most expensive part of it all is the primers. My suppressor is also still in ATF jail. I'm at 11 months. From now on I'll only do form 1 and build my own, that turn around is a month.

6. I do 300blk just like I do all other calibers.

I will run a few boxes of defensive ammo through it to make sure it cycles good. Then I train (aka play) with FMJ.

As much ammo as I go through, playing with defensive ammo will get real costly real fast.

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I agree with you on the SBR v. AR-Pistol.
    Was curious if you, or anyone else, has looked at the suppressor kits.

Also, for what it's worth, if you've got an ATF item (class III) they have right of inspection with a warrant.
    So if you have one item, but other off-books stuff, in the weird ends of the bell curve, they could come a knocking.

8. redtailracing

I basically researched a few different suppressors to ball park what I wanted. Pretty much landed on wanting to go with Surefire or Knights and neither of them make kits that I'm aware of so that was as much as I looked into it.

And yea I know. But they could come look all they want. And there's nothing in the safe that's not legit. But worst comes to worst, nothing else in the safe is documented so I could do with it as I please (within the confines of the law of course) and no one can ever make a legal claim against it. You can take my suppressor back because well, even claiming I got rid of it, without documentation, is illegal. But I can do as I please with the rest. Make sense?

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

The AFT is currently doing their best to outlaw the pistol braces too, since they previously gave the "OK".

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I need another 9mm handgun like Broome needs more helmet shields...but can't resist a bargain. Ordered a Taurus G3C with 3 mags for $240 with another $25 off via rebate. Haven't been to the range for months; maybe a new gun will help motivate me.

I also just got a pellet gun for backyard fun/pest control. A Umarex .22 break barrel gas piston. Seems to hit pretty hard on the steel spinners I got at 30-40 yards. Came with a cheap 4x scope, but I did ok at that distance with the fiber sights. At my new place there's a lean-to behind the garage with a host of critters under it... dogs got skunked a couple weeks ago- that was fun. Set up a trail cam and not only saw the skunk, but also a huge raccoon, a groundhog, and a damn possum!

11. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

My wife has the G3C and I believe between her and I, we have over 750 rounds through it. No issues with FTF or FTE. I added the Armsalaser which is pretty cool but you got an awesome deal. I paid 340. Great price on a 9mm that is proven reliable and it comes with 3 mags! Have fun shooting!

Oh and you can put glock sights on it...

rd400racer likes this.
  12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Love my G2C, I'm sure the G3 is even better.

I haven't fired a round in two years and sure as hell haven't bought anything, but my local pawn had one for sale this weekend I couldn't pass up...a classic PPK/s in 22 for a decent price. I'm a sucker for a German firearm.

[​IMG]

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Nice! If my .22 can ever gets approved I'll be on the hunt for more .22's

rd400racer likes this.
  14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I brought a P22 for my daughter and the safety came apart after a few hundred rounds. Ive tried a couple of times to contact their customer service , both during the pandemic. I had emailed exchanges with them and thought I ordered the replacements parts but they never arrived. I called them about 9 months later and spoke to a customer service rep, once again I thought I had the parts ordered and nothing. I would not take a Walther if given to me for free with such horrible customer service.
    Rant over.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

From what I'm hearing on the form 1 boards the approvals for "undrilled 80% kits" have stopped. The ATF is saying no more.

16. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And I'll totally agree with you on that P22. My brother has one and it jams nearly every other round. I had a .380 PPK/s that was flawless, so I'm hoping this .22 version follows that example.

speedluvn likes this.
  18. redtailracing

You don't necessarily have to go the 80% route to form 1 an sbr though right? As I understood it, you could turn a normal rifle (or a pistol for that matter) into an sbr via form 1 right? So form 1 a complete lower so that you can put a sub-16" barrel on it or form 1 a pistol so you can swap the brace for a stock, right? Could be totally wrong here as all the different laws regarding NFA items make it difficult to keep up with.

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You can use any manufactured lower (Rifle, Pistol, Other) as the base for your Form-1 SBR.

It appears that some have also used 80% lowers, but now the ATF is changing their mind.

20. So much this.

And this bullshit constantly happening doesn’t help with that ^^ shit at all.