1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He has, not sure how long ago the last one was.

RRP likes this.
  2. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

if you're comparing to the 2017 season i believe the rules have scaled the supersport bikes back a bit since.. I believe they could change linkage then and more open rules on the motor builds. JD did a 2:12 on the R6 back then vs the 2:14.9 from escalante

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, that's cool!! Always really liked him.

4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Makes sense, totally forgot the rules changed right around that time as you say.

Also, I was basing my "4+ seconds off the pace" comment after what I thought was the last session of the day but there was a 4th session where Richie dropped into the 2:14's as you say... my bad.

5. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Looking pretty thin right now unfortunately

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Im surprised that many riders showed up to a test for a track that's not on the calendar. The test might be somewhat indicative of the field for SBK. But I doubt its anywhere close for all the other classes.

henry_carlson and TX Joose like this.
  7. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Well, I noticed someone was at the test that is going to turn everyone's stomachs and no one has pointed it out yet :Poke::crackup:

8. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

JRP? do tell...

9. henry_carlson

commentator extraordinaire.JPG people are going to be so bitter haha

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Hey, as long as he’s not talking it’s a win.

kirk erlinger and rcarson15 like this.
  12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Data is data though, right? New riders, new setups, any testing is worthwhile.

I think Kyle said he was going to do testing at Inde, but I assume his testing there is free or highly discounted due to his sponsorship. For others without a track sponsorship, I'm guessing the cost dynamic of renting track time on their own versus dragging down to Austin was there.

13. henry_carlson

Not yet lol, doesn't this mean he will be doing commentary?

14. henry_carlson

Listened to the Greg Garage Podder and have a few notes for the beeeeeeeeeeb:

Richie and Honos did NOT have the weight on the bike for the test.
    SDK had never ridden the bike he was on, so they were figuring out set up and equated his "poor" showing to that. Interestingly, they finalized the contract a week prior to Daytona. No mention on what held the deal up.
    Wyatt Ferris tore his shoulder up a last week on a mountain bike so he did not compete

15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I was surprised with how fast Pridmore was at CVMA/
    He beat some fast guys, and I think he was a ridding a ZX10 in street trim (at least thats what it looks like from pictures on his IG)
    Capture.JPG

TX Joose and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

He raced on his kit bike. But very impressive regardless.

rafa likes this.
  17. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

On the podcast, Pridmore said they pulled some suspension off another ZX and that it’s a “kit bike” from Kawi. I doubt it’s modded all that much. Impressive.

rafa likes this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Fast guys stay fast. Shouldn't be that surprising.

19. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Not only that but JP43 does all his training schools there. I was doing a trackday there prob 5 years ago before a race weekend and he came by me while training another rider. Saying he was smooth and quick was such an understatement. It was UBER smooth. Ive seen plenty of pro racers on track but he more smooth then I had seen. Was impressive.

koth442 likes this.
  20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member