2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I get it.. Some of our CVMA racers in Socal are having logisics/border issues.

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

That's a real shame if true.

stk0308 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Potential career killer

stk0308 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

That does suck, but if he made it out for the 2020 season, I cant see being harder to do 2021 because of covid.
    Seems like a good kid. Pridmore always says good things about him

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Been hearing the same. It's tough crossing borders unless you're important

6. 418

418 Expert #59

PJ apparently is doing something.... Screenshot_20210222-182408_Instagram.jpg

koth442, sdiver, turbulence and 5 others like this.
  7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Things are tighter now.
    Quarantine there when we entre
    3 day confinement + $2000 for those 3 days (when entering Canada)
    Then quarantine.

Logistics for all those 72h before boarding Covid tests...
    Covid test before entering the USA also.

Definitely not the same as 2020 :confused::(

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

That is indeed interesting...M4's new Stk1k rider if Dumas can't compete?

Newyork and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

Damn I didn't even put the two together. o_O

10. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

That would make sence...

11. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Damn.. Great speculation.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

or he bought one of their bikes.

RRP likes this.
  13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Watch PJ on IG tomorrow: sorry to get you guys excited. I just REALLY like Red and Blue Suzuki’s.

Circacee likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I hope they do, but I don't think the guys stepping up will run with Escalante.

I think Escalante will get it again this year, unless SDK figures out a way to step up his pace to Fong levels.

Should be a very exciting season and I'm glad I'm supporting it again by paying for the video pass!!! Go riders and go MotoAmerica.

15. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Be cool if PJ got a ride but in the pic he's on the 600 - maybe testing it out as well?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

17. Namarow

It is a shame to me. If a guy like Escalante who dominated his class stagnates another year, then that does not reflect well on the sport. Same for 2 time Champ Andrew Lee. That is the whole point of the feeder classes. Not a lot of incentive to dream big if champions stagnate.

badmoon692008, Newyork and sbk1198 like this.
  18. Namarow

OH man this can not happen!?!?!? The guy is a double champ and so young!?!? Canadian Superbike Grid is a niche sport inside a Niche sport. The fact that major North American riders are not moving up, getting rides etc is very worrying to me. I route for these guys to hopefully go and take on the world. As a Canadian that is incredibly rare for bikes. If MA has jobless champs then it is simply a niche sport for rich kids, increasingly rich kids form other places. Where will the next gen of US riders come from? Truly hope this is wrong.

younglion, KneeDragger_c69 and Senna like this.
  19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

There’s some hope for the longer-term future of the sport in the US. A ton of kids were given dirt bikes in 2020 as a “safe” alternative to more people-intensive activities. Surely some of those kids will find a way to a road race track.

I have some hope that Ohvale-style bikes and kart track riding will catch on with the younger generation. Maybe some kids or parents of kids will want to transition out of MX and want something lower risk while still scratching that itch?

It’ll always be somewhat niche, but I think the next 10 years could be decent.

Boman Forklift and turbulence like this.
  20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I kinda feel bad about all the shots he takes. I feel like the guy really tries to research and get familiar with the teams and riders, but he just doesn’t know how to put it together in the broadcast without sounding like a doofus. He relates too much to his MX days and it comes across as if he has no clue about anything. But I think he does try hard.

Not for nothing... Roger was NOT very good at first. It took him time to craft his broadcast skills to sound intelligent and informative. He can’t ad-lib very well, still. He’s better but he and Robby ain’t no Despain and Ski.