1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I'd start with exposure, my neighbor has an m4 prepped suzuki and had no clue about MotoAmerica, much less about m4 being the factory team.

Adspace on Ig starts at 5 dollars fyi.

Then I would suggest that they need to double down on what they have. Give the riders more of a presence by letting them run the socials for a day and you can spotlight sponsors and make the riders more approachable (being a helmet sport after all). Also where the f is Wayne! He has to be more visible than someone I wave to while cruising around the paddock on Saturday and Sunday. Where is story time with Wayne, ask me anything with a Moto GP legend, live streams from the offices?? All would have the possibility of making headlines around the motorcycle world and would be free.

If I was tasked with exploring new sponsorship opportunities I am immediately looking into gambling. Legalized sports betting is blowing up, imagine the DraftKings Superbike Series.

They could explore gaming too, AMA recently sanctioned e sports. Why cant they get a projector, an x box , moto gp 2021 and have some kids test lap times against racers or the proper e racer folks at the races? That certainly could help with retention and help grow a base that may not be going to the races.

Also we see Amazon/ youtube tv/ Hulu etc. all clamoring for live sports, surely MA could get on there with all of the views they got last year! Better that than fs2 with the baggers getting on fs1.

Quicktoy, Gixxerguy855 and noles19 like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So how is that IG ad going to get to your neighbor?

Riders can promote themselves and don't, what makes you think letting them run the MA social media will do anything - and why would that be any better than what MA currently does? Wayne is less known to people like your neighbor than M4 is....

Pretty sure they've done gaming stuff for the kids. Esports would take another entire company to run taking away from the IRL stuff.

None of those channels are clamoring for anything. If they wanted MA it would be there

So far I'm seeing "solutions" that aren't solutions or already are being done. Yet oddly you guys don't know about it even being fans...

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Some things never change. Maybe somebody can give JU some free advice on how to better run his team and let MA know what they should be doing since they obviously don't have a clue about running a viable race series and that marketing to women will get them over the top. Amafan anyone?

Gino230 and 418 like this.
  4. henry_carlson

The social media platforms push stuff to your account based off of engagement and the use of hashtags. One cookie cutter post after another with corny tag lines aren't going to do much to satisfy the algorithms and get them on the discover page. Plus the paid advertisements go outside the basic audience they currently have and would push it to peoples feed who may have the same interest but not know about or follow the account. Someone could follow interests based on motorcycles but since MA doesn't use the proper or appropriate hashtags their posts will never show up on their discover page or feeds of targeted ads. All of that stuff I suggested about turning the page over to other riders is successful in other sports leagues and interests outside of motorcycle racing and when you have a oldie running that department I am going to wonder and propose such ideas.

Given that they have punted the marketing team to social media and if you email them a question they tell you to stay tuned to social media for updates I don't understand your reticence to these ideas?

I'm starting to think you would have told Edison it would have never worked and to just use the candle.

RM Racing likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I'm beginning to think you're yet again bitching without having the slightest clue what MA is or isn't doing. Especially when you actually think they wouldn't use a motorcycle hashtag :crackup:

But hey, you go on with your expertise and you tell the man how it should be done!

Why would I have told Edison anything? He didn't invent the lightbulb.

6. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

stk0308 and turbulence like this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup, the never ending line of asshats that think they can do it better but never do shit.

8. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

9. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

What about offering free tickets and rider contact/pics free for school field trips, elementary through high school.

I like the idea that chipotle did when they opened up a location across the street from the University of Florida while I was in undergrad. They gave away free burritos all day long. Might have been a couple of days but my memory escapes me. Give away free product to get people hooked, then reel 'em back in as paying customers.

I think in this COVID-19 world, parents are looking for activities they can do that allows social distancing. It also gets them outside, and active.

MA get to expose some kids early on. Parents go to Disney because kids want to go there. If MA can get them hooked then parents will take them there too.

Maybe at each round they (MA) have already reached ahead and given schools a ticket that allows a family to attend, admission free. You dont lose anything because they weren't gonna buy tickets anyway. But a couple years of doing this and I think you could significantly increase your fanbase and viewership...

It could be a friday or saturday (or both field trip.

I think it could/should work.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Good ideas but flawed. Yeah, some parents are looking to get their kids outside but a lot more have their kids locked inside and they ain't coming out.

I'm on the board of a local sports org and we are shopping for sponsors just like everyone else and for the same ones that other local sports orgs are chasing.

We got Chipotle but so did others. A Chipotle night and you get a percentage of the sales using a specific code.

We chase the schools to let us in (damn near impossible BEFORE covid).

We use a lot of the same tactics a pro racer is (or should be) using. It's tough and getting tougher.

You can't get blood from a rock but you can get it with a rock. :D

11. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

Kids 12 and under are already free. :moon:

JBall likes this.
  12. henry_carlson

I don't think you are quite getting it, its not use this hashtag or that hashtag and never did I say they using a specific hashtag would fix anything. I am trying to illustrate how influencers are driving traffic to their page and how MA can copy. You are 100% correct, I do not know what they are doing besides what I see or don't see on their posts. As for the other ideas, they were merely suggestions to answer your question of new ways to reach other demo's in a cost efficient way, as always I appreciate the insight mongo.

noles19 likes this.
  13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

No announcement from M4?

koth442 likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

MA does a good job with their instagore. Always something cool on their.

But who is going to go looking for their stuff outside of their existing fans? Maybe a casual fan or someone who saw their video of the baggers potatoing around but we need to remember we're a fringe sports with a small fan base.

15. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

You would think I would remember that from when I took the family to Road America last season. Silly me.

I'm just spitballing here.

Edit: that "family" ticket would also get the rest of the family in free which I think would increase the chances of attendance.

Then the next time the kids says "Mommy/Daddy I want to go watch the motorcycles...maybe you get a family of paying customers to attend.

I know as a kid i would have loved to see some motorcycle races and I was a city kid. We were just couldn't afford it. But if we had free attendance, could pack a cooler and snacks, and go enjoy a day, we would have. And I think that can grow your fanbase.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  16. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Guess we have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Must be waiting to get the final signature on a contract. No reason to amateur hour it and announce before you have ink.

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cheated? Eh, kinda I guess but not really. :D

No one cared. If it was fast maybe they would have. :D

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

rice r0cket likes this.