1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. :crackup:

I’ve never joined a gun forum. I have looked at some, but never joined.

The ones I’ve found are all brand specific, and that shit gets on my nerves. I fucking can’t stand listening to a bunch of fanboys who think their shit is the best, no matter what, when many times the only real justification for that opinion is “because that’s what I have”.

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yeah what he said. I would give you the name/address of my local FFL shop and you'd ship it there. Then I go in to fill out the form and do the transfer from them to me. It's pretty easy. Same process as if you buy a gun from other stores online, which is how I've got most of mine since my local place barely has anything good in stock and when they do it's more expensive than other places.

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Same as the pdf you get but they literally put that stamp on the form and mail it and staple a weird pinkish color cover sheet on it

sbk1198 likes this.
  4. Sounds easy enough.

What about at FedEx? Is there anything special I need to do or say?

One other thing, is it like selling a car where you have to list the selling price, or no?

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

To be honest, I've heard a lot of what Broome has said from MANY other places. Have yet to meet a happy Kimber owner. I only say this because I wanted one for awhile because they do make rather pretty guns. And then many people steered me away from it.

7. Jedb

Same as I've seen out here in Oregon.
    I know 1 (one) Kimber that didn't have problems out of all my friends that shoot.

Great design, styling, etc. Poor quality builds/quality control or something, as it's pretty pervasive.

8. You’ve had shit luck with ammo, and I haven’t helped by grabbing most of it. :D

To make up for it, I’ll give you the 1911 for free.

I’ll even throw in all the Wilson Combat mags I ordered for it (I think I have 3-4 of them).

PM your details, and the details of the dealer you want it shipped to and I’ll send it out next week.

MachineR1, sbk1198, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I've had my Gold Match 2 for nearly 20 years now. It is my only current handgun and my EDC. The only issue I have ever had with it is the 8 round magazine does not in fact like holding 8 rounds. Too much spring pressure. Only load 7 in it(just like the other mag)and it's never had a fail to feed or fire. It will goes a couple years between cleanings, but always works when I shoot it.

I have heard that the newer gun have issues though.

10. Jedb

Damn!!!
    Let me know if you want to get rid of the big Canik.. :D

11. :crackup:

I really like that big Canik. Because it was so cheap, it has a “little Engine that could” feel to it. :D

It’s not far from being right there with the VP9L Tactical, and P227 TACOPS in the “out of my cold dead heads” category.

12. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Was it Selway? If so, suggest you call them directly to see if they have any stock. They’ve been super helpful to me for finding hard to get/rare ammo.

13. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Make sure that the ffl will receive from an individual. Many won’t. Not sure why but you may have to find an ffl on your end to ship. I’m sure you have a few on speed dial

Gorilla George and sbk1198 like this.
  14. redtailracing

Yea I should clarify everything I've heard specifically pertained to their newer guns.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

upload_2021-2-12_17-25-19.jpeg

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

It’s funny you say that. I’ve been lurking on my local gun forum and O. M. G! All I have to say is that I appreciate the mods here with the the no politics and no religious discussions. As a person who mostly stayed away from the dungeon here, except when absolutely board, I have to constantly remind myself that I’m on the gun forum for information only!
    Just DAMN is all I can say!

17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Which Kimbers are shyt? I’m hearing the high end ones are ok. Can someone confirm?

18. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Holy shit!! For real?? Wow, you're awesome! I don't care what they say about you around here, you're alright! :D I'll PM you here in a bit.

19. redtailracing

I've generally heard anything made in the past decade or so is garbage. Cannot confirm, have never shot one. So it's just hearsay. But I wanted one in a bad way and heard it from enough different places that now I'm not sure I'd let it take up room in my safe if it was given to me.