1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

As said you have to be fast. Only site I've seen any 6.5 hang around for any time is Outdoor Limited but they are wanting $4 a fucking round so it takes awhile for the truly desperate to buy at that price...

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Well fuck! I had a case in my cart and clicked checkout and then...."THIS PRODUCT IS OUT OF STOCK"! Shit! That was a pretty decent price too, at less than $2/round. But their site was incredibly slow, and everything sold out by now. Sounds like pretty shitty ammo though based on the notes they put in the description, but for this price it's better than nothing.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I don't know man. Looks like they utilize Sierra Matchking rounds which as I understand it, are pretty decent stuff. Didn't take the time to read about any of the other details but that coupled with Steak's recommendation makes me feel pretty good about it. Will report back after I've tried it out.

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

They had a disclaimer on the quality of the projectile for this batch but I don’t think they’d sell junk. They know they are selling to people that are super particular on their Ammo and will bitch about the slightest thing. I’ve talked to the owner before he’s a good dude. If you don’t like it, it’ll sell instantly on snipers hide or I’ll buy it

5. sbk1198

In their description on the site they said they have inconsistencies in the BC (not a good sign) and that it's noticeable beyond 500 yards...which is pretty much all I use 6.5 CM for lol For that price I was curious enough to see just how inconsistent they are, but you know when the manufacturer says that right on their site, they're probably not worth a shit if you're serious about shooting long range.

6. Haha you are probably right. :D

7. sbk1198

FYI if you're looking for more, I just came across these:

https://www.freedommunitions.com/6-5-creedmoor-140gr-new.html

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...ping&utm_source=ammo-seek&utm_campaign=607515

Midway also has Berger 156gr 6.5 CM, but that's more for hunting. The 130gr is used by quite a few people in matches. Supposedly it's really good stuff, but I have no experience with it. Not cheap, but it's not $4+ like other places either.

8. redtailracing

Thanks for the heads up. I actually got the notification about the 6.5 from Midway earlier but decided to pass for now just because of price. Trying to stay as close to $2/round on 6.5 right now as I can.

9. sbk1198

Me too. If that stuff was the 140gr Berger or if it was 140gr Hornady ELD match I probably would've sucked it up and paid the $3/round cost (what it came out to be after shipping). But I'm not spending that much on stuff that I don't even normally use and have no DOPE for. I'd have to use a box just to get my DOPE figured out with something that's totally different than what I've shot so far.

10. redtailracing

Same here with the Hornady. I'm a bit of a whore for them and will pay a bit more for it.

sbk1198 likes this.
  11. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Had a new experience this week; had an online ammo shop call to ask if I wanted to buy something before it went on their website. Perhaps that’s a sign I need to slow down on buying the good stuff....

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. Got the Taran Tactical +5 extensions installed on the mags for the Q5 Match SF. I typically don’t like colors on guns, but this looks kinda badass. It’s the same blue as my helmets and bikes.

I gotta say though, that TT spring is no joke. It was kind of a bitch going back together, and one time it slipped and i launched the magazine all the way across the house. :crackup:

E23A45D3-9487-4A1C-9868-BD476B1CD95E.jpeg

Buell1965 likes this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Looks like a Daisy.

Buell1965 likes this.
  14. Say that to his face....

:D

Buell1965 likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Looks like a Daisy.

[​IMG] :D

motoracer1100 and Gorilla George like this.
  16. Steak Travis

Mailed the Glock 20 slide off to jagerwerks to get milled for the delta point pro. Figured might as well just get it done right the first time

17. I’ve been at the range for the past hour. Still going. These people are cool and they never hold me to the 1hr time limit. They also let me draw the holster, rapid fire, whatever I want to do. But they know me. I’m here at 2-3x a week.

18. Sabre699

The customer is always right. ;)

19. Let me know how it works out. If the DeltaPoint doesn’t fit perfectly (MOS plate), I’ll do the same.

But I was thinking, I’ll probably need to buy a new slide and have it milled, right? There is only so much material there. I don’t know if they could re-mill this one.

I put a couple hundred rounds through it today (G17 Gen 5) and damnit, I like it. I almost didn’t want to like it, because of the plate being such a ball ache. But I like it.

20. Steak Travis

Yeah you can't mill the MOS slides https://jagerwerks.com/faq/ . For whatever reason, I shoot Glocks really well and the more you shoot them, the better that trigger gets

People really like jagerwerks so I'm guessing it's going to be a nice finish and perfect fit. It looks like they finish quicker than their lead times too so hopefully by end of march I'll have my Thunder beast suppressor, the slide back and the delta point pro. The suppressor is at 6months right now and should be getting approved any day now then it takes a little bit for them to mail the stamp. Such BS it takes the ATF about a month to mail the stamps.