1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aprilia RS660 Reviews

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 12, 2020.

1. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I figured they could've done better on the weight. That's with a stock lithium battery, aluminum subframe and lightweight wheels.

I just weighed my 1st Gen SV650s in street trim with a lead acid battery, a few little things adding some weight, aftermarket pipe and full tank. 412lbs

Rising Sun likes this.
  2. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Gen 1 SV's were weighing in at 417lbs wet so this bike is 16lbs lighter, has all the electronics added, ABS, quick shifter hardware, and I'd be curious to see what Li battery they used and what it weighs - can't be like the Anti-Grav units that are 1.5lbs or so can it?

I'd say that's pretty dang good - it'll easily be in the 365lb range in race trim without any of the usual high dollar mods like CF wheels.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Lightweight wheels?
    How do we have any idea what the cast aluminum wheels weigh? There's nothing special about them.

4. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

5. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Need entire assembly weight (add rotors, sprocket carrier, bearings) of each wheel and compare that to SV, FZ, ER, etc.
    I'm getting mine next weekend. i have no doubt they are lighter than the SV wheels, that's not exactly hard to accomplish.

6. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I hope both happen, I would like to have more options. Imo, if there is a bike that generally fits the concept of a class (in this case affordable and sporty) why not include it. It makes more sense to adjust what bikes are allowed in a class proactively than reactively.

jd41 likes this.
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sometimes wish I was retired and could run a race team. Good on you, Mike, and best of luck in the coming season.

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'm not retired and neither is Matt. 2 full time jobs powered by caffeine..

RichB, JJJerry and TurboBlew like this.
  10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Retired from career job is more what I meant, and sorry if I was in error about that.
    If you guys need some pit help out here in the west rounds, let me know. I'd love to see the Ridge.

regularguy likes this.
  11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

WANABE RACER, sdiver and Phl218 like this.
  12. Eric_O8a

Eric_O8a Active Member

I can see Yamaha making an MT-07 SP racey variant by 2022... Suzuki I doubt will ever update their SV650

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The rumor is the updated MT07 will be here before then..

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

On the SV 650, why would they update it? It sells well as is and will be well under the price of the Aprilia et. al. It is still a better street bike than the Ninja 400.

The racer market isn't enough to have Suzuki upgrade the SV. It is still a great beginner / intermediate bike the way it is. They might add some electronics to it for "safety" but I don't see much more than that.

stk0308 likes this.
  15. Eric_O8a

Eric_O8a Active Member

Any links to the rumors? Very surprising they’ll turn it out that quick considering they just released a refresh to the MT line

16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Without a street oriented R6, that would make sense. Try to fill that super sport gap with a twin which makes sense for street use anyways (usable torque vs high rpm power).

17. Eric_O8a

Eric_O8a Active Member

Isn’t that gap already filled by the updated MT-09 SP?

Even though it’s a triple and not a twin but it has usable torque, similar horsepower to R6, more streetable, similar price.

The MT-07 seems to fill more of the commuter/beginner bike gap for Yamaha

18. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

notbostrom, Eric_O8a and grasshopper like this.
  19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy