Road Atlanta MotoAmerica july 31-

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Jul 12, 2020.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

what are the current cutoff percentages?

2. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

So now club racing should be governed like professional racing?

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Based on what the commentators said, I got the feeling the combination of the heat with his burns and significant mechanical gremlins made it simply not worth running. I believe they said at one point he would have to start on pit lane due to not setting any times in practice and qualifying. Or something of that nature. All to ride is what is likely a significant amount of pain and risk just blowing the bike up anyways. Did not appear to be a good weekend for the Ducs (well at least not stateside).

418 likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I mean it kinda is club racing until they stop treating it like club racing. When they created a new "class" to fill out the super bike race, and if they are ignoring a 107-110% cut off rule that's not even club racing imo.
    My point about passing people was for people that are in the qualifying cutoff, if you make the race are following the blue flag rules then it's the leaders job to pass them same as every other racing series

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Damn, makes me wish even more I could have made it. :( That's usually my go to spot.

pfhenry likes this.
  6. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Idk. I havent read the rulebook in awhile.

cBJr likes this.
  7. The Beer Hunter

Easily the most sensical take we've had so far. Proper usage (and observance) of blue flags and this should be a non issue as long as someone is at least close to the cutoff percentage.

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

they have a thing for that... club racing... Is there any lap time which you would not allow a rider on the grid for a professional race?

cav115 likes this.
  9. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I love watching Rocco race but I can't help but laugh when he starts talking in the post-race interviews. Someone should probably tell him to talk a bit more professional than starting off with "DUDE!" lol

10. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Elevation isn't the same. It's shallower now. They filled it in some.

11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

His save on the last turn was something. That could have been ugly.

I wish I could understand how Escalante was able to turn up the pace overnight. I was hoping for another race like yesterday. I've been pulling for him the last few years and really enjoy his riding style.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. The Beer Hunter

Yep. Gravity Cavity is long gone.

Triple X likes this.
  13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Last WERA race with GC was GNF 1997. My novice year.

14. Exactly. He didn’t seem to get the point so I figured I give it a shot to explain that exact thing. Maybe the has the Wall of Gaylord at home with a 9th place ribbon on it. A lot of people work their asses off just to make it in the show on merit so WTF outside some crazy circumstances would you let someone who didn’t make it on merit within the clear and understood rules get to be on the track? You know the sacrifice it takes, it’s not an easy thing.

15. That was AWESOME, I don’t even need a mortgage but should call him
    To get one anyway now :)

16. The Beer Hunter

17. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Any word on Danilo Lewis’s condition?

18. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Typical 15yr old kid.

19. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Well, since no 1 else is saying anything, congrats to Escalante for shaking off another bonzai block pass and running away with it today.

jksoft, jd41 and noles19 like this.