1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta MotoAmerica july 31-

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Jul 12, 2020.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

he brought the whole damn family to turn 10! Grandma included haha go Blake!

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. henry_carlson

Yesterday was packed, today not so much but still a good showing

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Who crashed out?

4. henry_carlson

I am a millennial idc about back markers or cut off times but as someone who was at road America and is here in Braselton the problem is the flaggers. They consistently are dropping the ball in my opinion and doing fuck all.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Drop how naive can you be? A successful series needs to make money to survive and 20 riders tried to race and 15 made the cut. What if was 25 riders tried to race and 20 made the cut?
    [​IMG]

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Race 1 from yesterday is on now. Race 2 from today is on at 3.

FS1

kirk erlinger likes this.
  7. Chuck for example is not a good example. He’s been racing endurance forever and even if he was 5s off the cut off time I’d feel comfortable with him still on the track.

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Dang, guy just had a highside coming out of 7 to red flag the race. I hope he's ok.

9. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Didnt look good. Ambulance was out.

10. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

That's not a bad idea. I've had more than one race ruined by a back marker on the last lap. If you are going a lap down in an 8 lap sprint, you probably shouldn't be out there or should at least be black flagged to come in early.

Morning practice should also be counted towards your grid position.

11. henry_carlson

Did he get hit? Looked close from the tv angle

12. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Didnt seem like he got hit but his head must have hit hard; i saw the visor fly off.

henry_carlson likes this.
  13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Stupid Q time: are the R1 bikes just that much better, or the riders, their respective setups, or $$$ spent?

14. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Yes

badmoon692008 and Senna like this.
  15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Maybe you should just get better at passing people;)

16. Dave675

It's easy to pass people that are close to your speed and are predictable. Not so easy when your closing speed is 20-40 mph different and they are on way different lines because they are going slow. You can't just pass whenever you want. I've hit back markers in some bad spots.

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I believe that is why we have novice and expert classes. If someone is not qualified to race expert, they should not do so.

18. Dave675

So what happens when they combine classes? Also, the people I've run up on weren't just novices. A lot of them had expert plates.

19. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Why was Melissa crying?

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I thought I heard the announcer say something about Josh consoling Melissa. I was wondering what he was talking about.