1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta MotoAmerica july 31-

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Jul 12, 2020.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

When. I login to watch any of the races, MotoGP, MotoAmerica, or WSBK, I squint my eyes and make everything blurry while clicking buttons, so I can't see any spoilers before I watch the race. MotoGP app is the worst for spoilers.

Senna and turbulence like this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Ah did not know that. But I also never saw gravity cavity in person. Was just judging based on lots of old footage.

Triple X likes this.
  3. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

You can apply the "No Spoiler" option on the MotoGP and WSBK apps and roku channel. They also have no spoiler web links (MotoGP No-Spoiler, WSBK No-Spoiler). It is really helpful.

I guess I'll have to browse with my eyes shut with MotoAmerica lol. I sent them an email asking for them to just post the races or have the No Spoiler option. Hopefully they'll change it.

4. Do they hand out participation ribbons and does Mongo walk around and tell everyone “they tried their best and you are a champ in his book?” :)

cav115 and MELK-MAN like this.
  5. The guys the most fun to watch since Cardenas was on a 600.

MELK-MAN and sdiver like this.
  6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

This is just a wild guess but I’m guessing it was more a change in strategy. He seemed like he was maybe trying to be a little more patient, manage tires, not show SDK anything he could learn from, etc. yesterday. Doesn’t really jive with his typical approach of get in front and run but who knows, maybe he didn’t have as much confidence on Saturday to do that so changed strategies.

It’s also quite possible that Saturday’s race taught him/his team something about race setup for that track and they were able to make positive adjustments. He also may have realized the tires had a little more left on Saturday than he expected. Just a few possibilities. Could even be a combination of any of these. He did absolutely put on a clinic today though. And he looked far more comfortable once he was in front. Bike was just more settled.

7. He definitely need to work on pretty much all his off the track stuff in my opinion from either seeing him on tv or in person. Ya he’s a young kid but he’s also a young kid who is trying to make a career out of racing motorcycles. This past weekend was the first time I saw him in person this year and he hasn’t changed too much from last year. He’s surrounded by some very good people with the U’s and hopefully they can work with him on the off the track stuff. It’s not just the interviews it’s pretty much all of it. He rode his ass off this weekend in two classes in that heat so hats off to him for that including back to back races Saturday. He’s a good kid and hopefully continues to do well and the media stuff, plus just the general professional stuff hopefully will come in time but hopefully he can balance it and not be a robot.

8. Paging Derek Keyes to the white courtesy phone, we demand answers :)

redtailracing and sdiver like this.
  9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

@DDK732

TurboBlew and redtailracing like this.
  10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Never knew about that. Thanks for the info.

I always watch through the app. Do they have that option through there? I don't see it anywhere.

11. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Yup. Go to Options > Videos > Drop down menu to No Spoiler > set toggle option set screen as default.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  12. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

He spun the front tire on the rim in Saturday’s race and picked up a gnarly vibration. He said it really affected his confidence and ability to carry corner speed. He made a lot of mistakes in race 1 because the tire was damn near bouncing off the ground. I’m really impressed with how he handled that and nearly pulled off the win. Dunlop said the tire probably twisted when it spun on the rim.

The tire was good today and he could ride the bike like normal. We knew after qualifying he could pace 28s. It was just going to be a question of who could match that pace.

t11ravis, TLR67, cajun636 and 9 others like this.
  13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yeah but the others don't sound like that. Dallas Daniels was always very professional and modest in his interviews. Dominic is the same, Lochoff, Gloddy, etc. It's really just Rocco lol

14. sbk1198

Yeah exactly. The world is watching, and the way he presents himself and talks in interviews could make difference between some European team giving him a contract later on or not. It's fine now for the class and series he's in, but he needs to work on that if he wants to be in the WSBK or GP paddock some day.

t11ravis and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  15. Wish I had his “lack of confidence” pace :) awesome job once again.

jksoft and DDK732 like this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

@Metalhead used to prior to retirement... at his trailer. They were red, white, and blue and cold. :)

badmoon692008 and Metalhead like this.
  17. sbk1198

How does someone spin a front tire on the rim?? I've never heard of anyone do that before. Or was it some defect with that particular tire?

18. But he is “special”, like lick the inside glass and had to wear a helmet on the short bus kind of special :)

Metalhead and TurboBlew like this.
  19. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I think Red Bull Rookies teach some of that, just look at SDK how good he’s with the interviews.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. Have ya seen the guy on the brakes? Lots of traction and force on the front end and they have been known to spin. Rear tire obviously more common.

TurboBlew likes this.