Road Atlanta MotoAmerica july 31-

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, Jul 12, 2020.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Gonna say because her team lost the points lead this weekend due to repeated mechanical issues and if I had to guess, Cam was very pissed about it.

2. I was thinking they were just passing out free t shirts at the gate :) actually awesome to see that level of support for a kid, great for the sport as usually brings a lot of new faces and exposes them to the sport. If memory serves me correct Ryan Kerr rings a bell, when we were at Mid O years back I went up to the key hole to watch a riders lines I was working with and it looked like it was damn st pattys day as there were a ton of green shirts. And no not the infamous Celtic Rackng ones from back in the day.

henry_carlson likes this.
  3. She takes her job very seriously. No idea why she was crying but the woman is focused and intense when working on the bikes.

cav115 likes this.
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Oh I’m sure. And I hate that they struggled so much this weekend because I’m a huge fan of hers. But I’m sure the repeated mechanical gremlins were why she was so tore up.

5. My point about cutoff time is pretty plain and simple. It’s already what seems to be a very standard and agreed up %. They do make expeditions time to time in exceptional circumstances But not the norm. WTF should they let someone in who can’t make even one fast lap within that time? There are probably a bunch of guys in the places above him that are not full time riders but worked their asses off just as hard, maybe harder, some can barely afford to race and sacrifice a shit ton of other things in life to go to club weekends etc to hone their craft to be able to qualify and run those times consistently. Then you want to let someone in because they paid entry fees? It’s simple- come prepared to qualify with all the tools from riders mental game to crew and all in between. I don’t get filling up a grid with people that a - didn’t earn the right to be there b - put way more burden on those who did earn it
    What you are suggesting is no damn different than giving kids participation trophies and having these sympathy games in tournaments for the teams / kids that got eliminated. Once I get to a screen I can see better than a phone I’m curious to look at lap times of your “0.002” person. If I was a betting man lap times were all over the map and the outfit just wasn’t ready for it or possibly has a bad weekend. No idea who the rider is and that’s not important as this isn’t an attack on that person it’s just the facts. Ya and one other point. What about the teams that spent what was left oh their shoe string budget to throw that new set and maybe a fresh rear on for q when. You can just ride around on older tires and still make the show? There are just so many damn things wrong with letting riders in below the cutoff.

and anyone have Al Luddington’s number So I can call him to post here? He has quite a clear view on back markers :)

Dave675 and 418 like this.
  6. Spoke with her briefly yesterday and she was pretty frazzled. If ya ask me it’s on Cam as who uses the sissy lever anyway? :)

7. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Or maybe the front runners should get better at passing people :crackup:

JJJerry likes this.
  8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Jamie Howe is doing a great job... plus she has a perfect rack for motorboating!!

9. It has been fun to watch the pucker factor some must have when the leader barley makes it splitting two guys and guy in 2nd is held up two corners just contemplating a total banzai move but decides best not to :)

Dave675 likes this.
  10. You motor boatin son of a bitch :)

dieterly likes this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

The whole argument is stupid.

Can't make the time, GTFO.

Even qualifying for some of those races should mean something.

This isn't club racing

cav115, badmoon692008 and TurboBlew like this.
  12. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Any update on Danilo Lewis’ condition? That looked like a nasty wreck in the superbike race

13. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I get that MA wants bikes on grids and entry fees. This isnt the old AMA superbike glory days.

Anyway, whatever happened to the old "110%" rule?

14. 418

418 Expert #59

May with the Trump flag at the end of the SSTK race. :crackup::flag:

cav115, 23103a and pfhenry like this.
  15. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Why are they posting video thumbnails of the winners mixed with the races on MotoAmerica Live Plus? Can't get a No Spoiler option? Ruined the races.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

Anybody know what happen with PJ Jacobsen?

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Bike took a dump yesterday.

18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

The premise of your argument seems to be that 20 bikes is better than 15, regardless of the cutoff percentage. Us (reasonable people) aren't going to be able to hear that argument as we've seen slow people at the track. If you want to take a more proper stance, address why you think the current cutoff % is too stringent and then we can discuss what the acceptable amount of backmarker interaction should be within a race.

As an absolute, letting more bikes on the grid, regardless of their ability, just to have more bikes on the grid is ridiculous.

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Agreed, they need to adjust that page.

jd41 and Skter505 like this.
  20. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Friday on the back straight was all me and my buddies! that other truck belonged to the corner workers.

116878963_10217553090915166_2809220375270529460_o.jpg