1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Correct. No bullshit, no capacity limit, masks, nothing. Now Im sure Wolf will try and pull something by the end if day today to save face...

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

F’k the safety safari bubble wrap generation!

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

NJ lifted the lockdown yesterday too.

baconologist likes this.
  5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

From what I read their system works pretty much like everyone else's, where the governor can veto the legislation and it would require a 2/3 majority vote from both houses to override the veto. They're close but they don't have the votes for that. By my math they'd need 1 more senator and 7 more reps.

6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Political. not sure. Unorganized and dysfunctional? Definitely. I will say to their defense they've never had to deal with anything like this before. And this is exposing their organizational flaws to the world.

tzrider likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Their defense? Seriously? Where have you been the past few months??

WHOChina.png

scottn likes this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I feel bad for the folks making content about this subject on Youtube. Susan Wojicski (sp) the Youtube CEO said a while back that they will ban/delete videos made that go contrary to "official" WHO data so as to prevent the spread of false/incorrect information.

LOL :crackup:

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

11. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

This is one of the parts of this mess that frustrates me the most. Actual science is about gathering data, making inferences, and admitting where you don't understand it.

Declaring "science" to be one groups statement without significant facts and any dissent to be false/misleading and needing to be censored is just nuts.

Early on if you said that masks were necessary to help stop the spread of covid you would theoretically be wrong in the eyes of the the authorities. YT says your opinion is misinformation. Then suddenly it would be correct to the authorities and it's now the only right answer.

sdg likes this.
  12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Can I say that every institution’s organizational flaws are being highlighted by this thing without a ban? Because the lack of clear concise information these days isn’t helping a damn thing. I think I read an article that the first handy and concise rona tracker posted in this thread was made by a high schooler in his mom’s basement. Billions of dollars in funding amounting to dizzying amounts of disinformation doesn’t reassure my faith in the science of our human race.

13. Ducti89

Correct. He has to veto it first. So for now, PA is free.

14. Ducti89

Im sure there’s solid science. Removing the human component from it is the problem.

baconologist and cav115 like this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Nope has to be signed into law, which isn’t going to happen and then the state Supreme Court will side with the Governor again, so another non-event

16. Ducti89

Well, lets wait till it gets to that point. We aren't there, yet. If Wolf wants another term, he better think long and hard about his next move.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, busy week since we weren't panning on being in the office between Summit and Nelson so I've lost a couple days of sitting around a campground reading this crap to driving back to GA and then back up to OH :crackup:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nice! Does is trump the executive orders?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmmmm, not sure that is the correct order of things. It doesn't happen until he signs it into law or he vetos and they overrule him if they can.

20. Ducti89

You know, I might have to double check that. From what Im gathering, its ending his executive order; effective immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.