1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Definitely seems to be a tale of two worlds depending on what what business you are in. We have been busier than ever for the past two months. The issue has been getting supplies since the supply chain is so jacked up and dependent on China. We over-ordered back in January which has sustained us. Some competitors had to shut down due to not having a) supplies and b) employees that wanted to work since they were getting paid more not to work.

We were fortunate as everyone wanted to come to work and we were able to give them a little bump for "hazard pay". Back at the beginning of this thing when things started shutting down we took a poll every evening to see if everyone still wanted to work the next day. There were a few touch and go days, but so glad we never closed the doors as reopening would have been challenging.

In regards to PPE, it appears that any mask shortage is now a thing of the past as the state worker's compensation office is sending out boxes of masks to every business.

2. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

The mask shit is going out the window as soon as the 85+ degree days happen in the Midwest. I did a grocery pickup yesterday and even sitting in my car talking to the attendant with the mask on, it was uncomfortable. And I’m relatively young and in shape.

The land whales are going to collapse of heat exhaustion walking around with a mask on in the summer. They can barely breathe under normal circumstances.

Dragginass and G 97 like this.
  3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Fighting this fight with employees now, in WI. Not fun.

Senna likes this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just found out my uncle who was diagnosed a few weeks back apparently picked it up from his son who works for the local board of ed, who likely got it at school. Neither are in what I would consider great health to start out with but my uncle had a light case and was discharged from hospital after like 2 days and has been fine since. And his son was completely asymptomatic, probably picked it up from an asymptomatic student.

I'm going to get blood drawn later today for AB test.

Senna likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Glad to hear they are ok. I'd be wearing an "I already had it" shirt and be licking doorknobs and picking my nose.

MachineR1 and Dragginass like this.
  6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

You joke, but I’ve floated this idea to my boss so I could regain access to some accounts. Basically a wristband or something provided by Quest stating I have antibodies.

7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

unless your broken, you have the base antibodies they are testing for already.

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I look at it kinda the same way as I look at TSA. Not really all that helpful and I would be fine without but it makes some people feel better. I just keep a "mask" in my pocket in case the store I want to go in to has a mask policy. If the store does not have a policy I will leave the mask in my pocket and just let people glare at me.:crackup:But you are definitely correct about the masks being used as a psychological tool to advance an agenda.

MachineR1 and Funkm05 like this.
  9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I like wearing the masks. Makes it easier to steal bubble gum and Mike and Ike's from Target.

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Right?

I was joking to my buddy who already had an antibody test last week that came back negative unfortunately and I was like "Hey man, when was the last time you went to go get a blood test and you were HOPING that it was going to come back positive, haha."

But on a less humorous note I am concerned with how they are going to mandate shit around this going forward. Mandatory vaccinations and/or medical papers that you need to carry with you in order to enter places of business or board planes or whatever if it gets to that point. Ridiculous as it is, but in China they already are doing it with the app on their phones with the littler green icon showing you're in the clear.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. baconologist

the next updats from apple and google log who you socialize with

12. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I read that the apple update has the potential to, but it's off by default and requires a separate app that you need to explicitly authorize to collect the data.

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I know! Maybe they can give you a badge or something to pin to your jacket to show you’re rona-free! Maybe like a star...yeah like a yellow star. That’ll be easy to identify.

scottn likes this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Steven Crowder put up a good clip on his Youtoobz page yesterday that summarized this mentality pretty well. The truth is people are not really afraid of this virus, they are afraid of BDG. If people were really afraid and thought there was some tangible danger from it they wouldn't be wearing masks sloppily, and be itching to get out and about. If there was a remote possibility COVID was as lethal as lets say Ebola that has like a 50% or higher death rates, people actually WOULD be holed up in their home and/or not going out of the house unless in a hazmat suit. People are afraid of what happens if they don't conform more than they are actually afraid of the virus. There's some more interesting things he says that really makes you kind of think deeply about whats happening here and relating it to past events, but I don't want to get all dungeon'y.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

For now.

17. baconologist

418 likes this.
  18. baconologist

they still provide me a power switch and airplane mode :)

19. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

^^^^
    Where did you get that information from ?

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It' already there in the latest iOS update, just found this when I looked in Privacy > Health

IMG_8206.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.