1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Loughlin and Mossimo found a solution that worked out for their kids for a while, but I don't recommend that approach.

Robin172 likes this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

FU Northam

galloway840 and CowboyRR like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Various large scale Memorial Day weekend get together were getting alot of mileage on the news over the weekend. Will be interesting if nothing comes of it :D

[​IMG]

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

...and this here was 5 years ago, but no no no, there's no engineering of viruses going on at this facility. (note they had to add that disclaimer at the top of the study linked below)

https://www.nature.com/news/engineered-bat-virus-stirs-debate-over-risky-research-1.18787

It's almost laughable (if it wasn't so infuriating) at this point. Almost ALL the evidence clearly points to what took place here. You don't even have to use Occam's Razor to come to the logical conclusion anymore.

But I can understand why the scientific community is so averse to placing the blame where it belongs (with respect to the disclaimer in that link above), and it makes perfect sense. It's not in their (people who work in virus research) best interests for this to be a leaked virus (engineered or otherwise, intentional or otherwise). If it is proven to be the case it means that their jobs become more difficult, more stringent regulations come down on them, projects cancelled, perhaps less funding to do experimental research etc etc. There is an obvious conflict of interest there.

Fencer likes this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

My first big litmus test for this virus ends Sunday. Iowa reopened Mid-May, so the virus has had its incubation time. If cases don’t jump significantly come the end of this week, I’m going back to my local dungeon gym.

The second is 14 days after Memorial Day weekend. I’ll consider this whole thing to be massively overhyped if there isn’t a significant increase in cases after pretty much everyone I know (me included) said “fuck it” to social distancing this past weekend.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not exactly reopened. I would say very limited reopen, Dallas and Polk counties just got the limited green light last week. These counties are about 50% of Iowa’s population and in general the higher populated counties were on the same time frame. The complete asinine thing is how they based the qualification for limited opening. A restaurant can open at 50% capacity and serve alcohol only if taking a food order and only if food sales are @60% of all of sales. A bar can not open.
    So the decision to partially open is not based on any level of risk or contamination data, it’s based on an arbitrarily set % of food to alcohol sales. Yeah, makes complete sense. LOL.
    Although I have found a lot of places will simply sell you alcohol with no food order.
    I certainly would not wait any longer. This entire ordeal is overblown.

Senna likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

IMG_5066.JPG

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Ducti89, Senna and baconologist like this.
  10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Nothing came of spring break...

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You mean we don’t need to wear these stupid-ass, useless masks now?

MachineR1, Ducti89 and cav115 like this.
  12. baconologist

Unless your in VA with Gov. Hypocrite. #notmymomma

13. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Only if you are inside a business, over 10 years old and don't have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask. They are not going to arrest you if you don't wear one, they will just give you a warning to remember next time. The only enforcement will to be businesses that routinely and repeatedly ignore this could be shut down. In other words, it is just like any other health code violation at at business.

You bunch of pansies act like wearing a mask is going to kill you or something.

23103a likes this.
  15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don’t see anyone acting like a mask will kill them. I see a bunch acting like being forced to wear one by the government isn’t right.

969, MachineR1, Ducti89 and 8 others like this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

No, your fear is not my problem. Nor are you my responsibility.

Scared? Stay in your house if you want. You have that right.

Guilting people is for pansies.

969, MachineR1, Ducti89 and 3 others like this.
  17. baconologist

wana get into the whole NOVA sucks thing.....yeah we get forced into things because of y’all

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ain’t it a shame when your go-to move fails?

Got any other tricks, pony? The shaming attempts are s bust.

cav115 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you know the number is false then why post it and why make a statement as if it is factual? Why are you lying knowingly?

You're also flat out lying when you post two months, neither the feds or the CDC or any other government entity I've seen is saying two months or starts their counts at only two months ago to reach your false number.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only uptick in cases GA has had is due to more testing. Deaths are still dropping, hospitalizations are still dropping.

baconologist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.