1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Guess who isn’t updating his iOS?

Ducti89 likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep...just checked mine. It's there.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Available in Android but you have to install an app first to enable it.

Attached Files:

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yep...right there under Google settings.

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

That happens im going back to a rotary phone in the house and a plan old flip fone for cell calls.

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Blagues de Geek?

Big Dopey Grin?

Bart de Groot?

scottn and SPL170db like this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Shirley it's Big Bad Garth.......

8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Welp, my test came up goose egg......no antibodies to speak of :(

10. sdg

sdg *

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I used the test that the FDA authorized.....

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...y-of-covid-19-antibody-testing-301056389.html

"Ortho currently offers two COVID-19 antibody tests. Ortho's total antibody test, granted Emergency Use Authorization on April 14, detects all COVID-19 related antibodies, including IgM, which appears in the early, acute stage of infection, and helps determine the onset of a patient's immune response by monitoring all antibodies generated through disease progression. Oath's COVID-19 IgG test, granted Emergency Use Authorization on April 24, detects only the IgG antibody which appears in a patient's blood in the later phase of the infection and remains elevated even after recovery."

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That no longer provides me with much assurance. :D

Britt and sdg like this.
  13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I’ve missed a bunch of pages on this thread, but if you want to track how things are going, I recommend www.Covid19.healthdata.org and look at the new cases per day per 100k people. And watch the trend of that metric as a leading indicator. That is a good measure of how it is spreading in different states and is sort of related to how likely you might be to get exposed to it on a per capita basis. A lot of states are seeing steady increases in the new case rate likely correlated with reduced isolating and worse germ transmission practices. I’m super happy to see CT reduce from some very high rates per 100k people but troubled by some places in the upswing. Whether you give a crap or not, this is the data you can reference to get a general sense of how different states are doing. Hope all is well with everyone.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

But is it? Isn't a better metric the number of "serious/critical cases", not the gross number of cases. I mean who cares if you are on the couch for a couple days with a sniffle and cough and you're better by week's end.

At least with respect to how long we need to continue dragging on this status quo. As it was mentioned ad nauseum on TV the whole point was flatten the damn curve and keep the hospitals from being over-run....this has very obviously been achieved, even in the worst place in the country (NYC). Now the goal posts are pushed back to we need to find a cure?

Unless there's something more about this virus they aren't telling people (which has indeed been speculated upon) like you can get sick, and then [seemingly] recover, but it sits dormant in your system for some time and then kicks your ass later on like HIV, there is no need to guarantee everyone has to be protected from catching it.

sdg likes this.
  15. baconologist

infection/100k means jack diddly.
    Hospitalizations /100k is more important.

R Acree, Senna and 418 like this.
  16. Monsterdood

Agree, but new infections will be a leading indicator.

17. Monsterdood

It’s not the gross number of cases. It’s the new cases per day. And I care as I have a daughter with a history of respiratory issues and also older relatives with risk factors. And I know people it wasn’t just a rest up on the couch. My youngest daughters 6yr old best friend got an ambulance ride and a few nights due to seizures. Sister of a close friend was on an intubation for 7 days. And a good friends dad died of it. So if you’re like me and are interested in how it’s spreading and how the changing restrictions are affecting the spreading, then that’s what I recommend. If you don’t, then move on.

18. baconologist

Nope, just means more people are getting tested is all. Eventually we’ll have a 100% positive population Thats what a virus does.....

19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

While the civil unrest isn’t funny, what I do find funny is how many people are gathering en masse across the country while there’s still a pandemic going on. We’ll see in two weeks how justified the lockdown was.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Uh, no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.