CB650F

Discussion in 'General' started by CausticYarn, May 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Compare the 650F to a 600F4i. The F4i is better in every way. And they are cheap. Buy an 04-06 banana seat model. Spend the saved money on rebuilding the front end since they are sprung for a 90lbs rider. Enjoy the extra HP, way better brakes, and lighter weight with much better suspension.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Another option in the same vein is Suzuki's GSX650F, basically a liquid cooled Bandit.

upload_2020-5-6_13-12-3.jpeg

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You might want to hold on a little bit. I've heard rumors that Honda has some tricks up their sleeve in the next 12-24 months.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

BNG!

stk0308 and rd400racer like this.
  5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Tiger 800 XR

6. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I can heartily recommend the Suzuki VStrom 650 as a good, reliable and fun way to experience the countryside. Surprised it hasn't gotten any love in this thread thus far.

gixxerboy55, joec and Steeltoe like this.
  7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Vote for the VFR. It's heavier than most options, but dead reliable and plenty of space for luggage and gear. I've done a 900 mile day no issues.

I have a 97 VFR750 that I'd love to sell on the cheap. Body is rough, levers are bent, but it runs and its all there. I probably have a bunch of spares for it somewhere too.

beechkingd and joec like this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

SV650

how come this hasn't been posted yet?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Because she ain't racing it.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup: They’ve been this way for the last ten years at least, :D

rd400racer likes this.
  11. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

VFR or V-Strom would be my recommendation.

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

+1 more on Vstrom 650 if it's not too tall. Lots of them heavily farkled for dirt cheap.

13. CausticYarn

CausticYarn I’m just here for the food.

I had an ‘03 - it hurt my bony ass after a while. D did change the shocks changed on it if
    I recall correctly. But at this point, I don’t think 30 pounds is gonna make a difference. I look like an uncooked spaghetti noodle these days.

I just want comfort.

14. CausticYarn

Absolutely, that’s why the target date is so far out. Just want some ideas on my ride and start mapping out my quest with any down time I have. I should be able to put a really nice trip together by then - and if I have to furlough it, I will.

I’ve learned way too many lessons in the past 3 years - one of them being: Planning and doing are two vastly different actions.

But having goals in life is what keeps ya moving forward.

baconologist likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's the same rumor they used to sign Nicky many years ago.

16. Chango

Chango Something clever!

A V5?

rd400racer likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

cha0s#242 likes this.
  19. CausticYarn

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That's why I suggested it. :moon:
    Seriously. It's a Honda and it's an adventure bike. This means you'll get reliability, some wind protection and all-around capability...canyons, highway, city, unimproved roads, ad nauseam. Seat height is 32". Three years from now, there will be a used one somewhere that fits your budget.
    In the mean time, ride whatever you don't want to be sitting on for 8 hours a day. :D

969 and CausticYarn like this.