How many pieces of pizza can you eat?

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

not worth it anyways if you don't like Hawaii. must be a cat person.

969 likes this.
  2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Jeezus man. Order a brick pound and you are covered for a decade. :D

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but let's discuss pizza styles. To my knowledge and experience:

Quad Cities style- Small area, hand tossed dough about medium thickness, topping go UNDER the cheese. Rectangular cut.

St. Louis style- Cracker thin crust, no yeast, Provel cheese and cut either into rectangle or squares.

New York style- Thicker at the edge and thinner towards the center and foldable. Hand tossed, and wedge or "pie" cut.

Chicago- A mess...you have deep dish, stuffed, thin crust...

Almost everywhere else I have been has a typical, standard pizza. Chanellos around the Hampton Rds, VA area and most other local chains seem to all be just a standard ¼" crust, some sauce, cheese, throw on some topping, maybe if you're lucky a dash of seasoning on top and walk it by an oven until cheese barely melts and pie slice it.

Dominoes, Papa John's Colon Cleanser, Pizza Slut, Hungry Howie's, Little Sleazers, Godfathers...insert name here...all seem about the same.

Any other styles I don't really know of by location?

4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I like pizza hut 1 time a year. Just once.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

That’s me with Papa John’s. Once a year, typically around the Super Bowl, I get the craving to relive my college days and get some PJ’s.

6. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

So what is the deal with Ohio valley pizza? That's some weird shit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah that's the plan. Last time I looked they had even jacked up the prices on those to the point of stupid.

So what's the best long term storage for yeast?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good lord, they want double the cost of the yeast for the shipping. Granted it's still cheaper than 4 jars of Fleischmans at Krogers but damn.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Grew up in the Ohio Valley and never heard of it.

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My ex wife's inner thighs.

(could NOT resist that one)

Sweatypants likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So made pizza last night, Kroger had no yeast so boss got a thing of dough already rolled out into a 9x14 rectangle on parchment - have to say it kicked ass for a premade. Stupid easy to use, crisped up perfectly. Made my own sauce, italian snausage on the entire thing, onion on half, pineapple on the other half. Damn good stuff.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just gagged.... :crackup:

Sweatypants likes this.
  13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I think you can get either 1 or 2 pounds for less than 10 bucks. I don't actually think there is that much difference between red and gold, or source producer -- they all work well for bread/doughs. If you do tend to make sweet doughs, you can use a differerent strain. The stuff I am using is lallamand. but all are good. Storage: I use mason jar in freezer. The brick I got was produced in 2014 (!) and still works fine.

14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

LOL'd. all that needs be said.

[​IMG]

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

if you saw her now. You would.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I went and ordered the 4.50 one with 10 bucks shipping, still a deal just a bit longer til it shows. Figure I can pull out 4 ounces as easy access and vacuum seal the rest in the freezer.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Daammmnnn...:crackup:

18. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Now this is a good pie!

FB_IMG_1588544038578.jpg

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What is it besides burned?

20. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

There is nothing on this that is burned.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.