1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about a fresh thread for Kramers?

Discussion in 'General' started by xxaarraa, Nov 9, 2019.

1. xxaarraa

xxaarraa Well-Known Member

Very good point, glad you shared that with everyone.

Joe is easily accessible and loves to have a chat about options, setup, learnings from other Kramer racers etc. Knows his stuff. I have ordered several parts from him, and so far, everything has been in stock and shipped right away.

2. cota.kitty

cota.kitty Member

This thread doesn't have nearly enough photos, by the way...

Attached Files:

Newyork, DmanSlam, Dragginass and 6 others like this.
  3. xxaarraa

Good point.

Beautiful bike, love the red white and black. I remember reading your article when I was researching the Kramer! Ha, what a small world.

I see you have the black gas tank / subframe. I do as well. I know some 2019s had the white. While it’s nice to see how much gas you have left, I think the black fits better with a lot of paint schemes.

Here’s mine. I have the factory Kramer decals thanks to Joe at Kramer, who gave me the cut files for the decals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Newyork, Senna, rafa and 2 others like this.
  4. Quaker

Quaker New Member

What is the vibration like on these singles?

I have been considering one for track days, but I am concerned about riding around w/ 200hp Liter bikes on a single.

5. cota.kitty

cota.kitty Member

I started with the clear tank, and I did like being able to see the fuel level, but the Sunoco 260 GT Plus I was running was SUPER reactive to sunlight. Clogged a fuel filter learning that lesson. I've got a quick-release fitting on the fuel line now, and plug that goes into the fuel pump. I can empty the tank in about 15 seconds, and then measure in the amount of fuel I need for a race/session. It's a little bit more work, but I don't have to worry about UV.

...I also just really like how the black looks.

6. cota.kitty

cota.kitty Member

The engines with the dual balancing shafts don't vibe that much at all. I believe the 2019 models have a different thickness clip-on bar, and you feel some more vibes with those than the earlier models, but I wouldn't call it excessive. I did 1hr+ in an endurance race on a 2019 bike, and did not feel worse for the wear from the vibes. The current LC4 engine really is a thing of beauty.

7. cota.kitty

cota.kitty Member

Are you worried about hurting their feelings when you pass them in the turns?

turbulence likes this.
  8. xxaarraa

I’m no pro racer, but I can tell you I am 3 seconds faster on the Kramer than on my S1000RR. I also run within 5 seconds of the local ‘lap record’ In other words, you will be pleasantly surprised by how much difference the 275 lbs wet number makes.

9. Quaker

Quaker New Member

My real concern is getting collected in the straights, and some squid taking me out. I would love to see the new 890 twin Kramer. I may pick up the single and see how I like it at the lower cost. I was just looking at a new 2020 S1000RR for the track when this thread popped to the top.

10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Nice pictures XXAARRAA. My orange supercar that is the same color as my Kramer just happened to be sitting in the driveway when I took a picture of my bike... :D

JJJerry likes this.
  11. xxaarraa

A. It's not a supercar :)
    B. It's a kindred spirit. If Kramer made cars, that's what it would be. I painted the Kramer in the car's color to match because why not.

cosan, JBall and pscook like this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Like the color, is it an Evora or Evora GT? Have you owned other Lotus’s and if so how does it compare?

13. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Man, that looks awesome, hope mine looks half as nice when it's done.

14. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

Anyone here looking at the new GP2 890?

ScottieDucati likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm still drooling at his Lotus.....damn that thing looks sweet!!!!!!

Cannoli likes this.
  16. shea9965

shea9965 Active Member

I have a Kramer on order. I like the idea of being able to drain the gas. Can you let me know what you used for the quick-release fuel line fitting and for the fuel pump plug. Thanks

xxaarraa likes this.
  17. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Beautiful bike. Is the fork from a 690 Duke?

18. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Unless there's a ton of muffler I can't see in this photo, this thing must be L.O.U.D. I think the 790 twin version of this bike could be even more of a home run depending on its price!

19. xxaarraa

Oh yes. Bike is very loud. I believe Kramer will sell you an aftermarket (Akra) pipe if you want to quiet it down.

I don't believe there will be a 790 Kramer. The GP2 coming to the US will use the 890 motor.

20. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

No big deal - just a very strong GSXR 750 motor equivalent in a package that'll weigh 100lbs less - time to start buying lottery tickets I guess. :)