1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Isn't that an alien growth on the weiner?

2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

No, that's what this is:

DickTater.png

Venom51 and Sabre699 like this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

YOU are the only one who is out of touch. Bitch, I WAS poor. Not just broke, but POOR... I got off my dead ass and WORKED for what I have instead of laying around and blaming everyone else.

You don't want to have this argument with me, pal. I've been homeless. Now I own 2 homes. I pick up dog shit and make more than most college grads. This country is still a hotbed of opportunity for anyone who can get off their ass and grab it before it dies on the vine.

Take that nanny state bullshit somewhere else, Cuz I ain't the one.

G 97, RRP, crashman and 4 others like this.
  4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

This.

6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Bullshit.

There is always a way to do better in this country if a person is willing and able.Get off ass and make it happen.

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

This started with you pissing on the life choices of people with a full-time job making less than 30k. They are off their ass. They are working.

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. Sabre699

I guess not everyone agrees about the re-opening of Florida beaches...

[​IMG]

Scook2397 likes this.
  9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I feel the sword of Damocles perched over some necks around here.

10. auminer

Pssst... That exact job description is available in strip malls all across the country... You do it right, you can retire at 37 with over a million net worth, and the pension you referenced, though the health care aspect is probably worth more.

[​IMG]

SundaySocial likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

That ain’t no crime!

[​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. Sabre699

"Let's do the time warp again..."

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

So go and get a government job where you're paid by the tax payers? :Poke:

14. auminer

Touche! :beer:

The tradeoff is that those taxpayers hold a blank check payable for an amount of up to your life.

Side note: touche is only one letter away from 'douche'... :Poke:

15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

So they need to do better, or live in a fucking box. I don`t care which, just stay away from my money unless you are disabled.

16. :stupid:

Scott S. likes this.
  17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That statement TOTALLY fits your political leanings, like PB&J.....good job not being sneaky about it, like the Liberals before you used to.

THEY ARE settling for minimum wage earnings instead of striving for more.....minimum wage earnings were NOT meant to be a so called 'living wage' especially if you have a family.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  18. Scook2397

Scook2397 Well-Known Member

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it." - Dr. Adrian Rogers..... I love that quote, then why is this country sub-sidizing Oil Co.s, Banks, Farmers etc... Christ, we bitch about helping out the poor but we are pissing $$$ out the window to Multi-National Co's. The Cruise Lines want a bail out from the US citizens and how many of their Cruise ships are flagged in the US? Maybe NONE.

Also, maybe apply that quote to states and federal dollars that states provide to the federal Govt. NY state is a donor state. Kentucky takes far more money from the Fed Govt then it gives. Keep all Fed dollars that states generate within their own states. Stop the rich states from subsidizing the poor states. They need to get their houses in order and stop being bailed out from the rich states.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Ha, fair. I don't necessarily disagree, just can't get behind the idea that people coming into the workforce and enduring 2 once in a century economic events should have had their shit together. Personally, I've gotten a bit lucky in that I had a good job and didn't lose it in 2008 and fortunate today that I am not working for anyone else and have my own, mildly insulated situation going on. I don't feel as though I have busted my ass well above and beyond everyone beneath me to deserve to be "ok" in this storm - it'd just be arrogant and ignorant even though I am 100% meritocracy for all things kind of person.

cav115 likes this.
  20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

CORRECTION, the ONLY poor we bitch about are the lazy ABLE BODIED poor who choose to stay home instead and/or live beyond their means.....get it straight. Unlike your ilk who just want to throw cash their way as a reward for their reckless lifestyle.

As for the corporate bailouts, I didn't support them entirely, the only reason why I did for some is because of the number of JOBS/CAREERS that it saved. Ya see, I love when people like you make that comparison, just goes to show how clueless you are.....we don't LOVE bailing out those douchebags, we tolerate it ONLY because of the number of lives that rely on it. Oh and as for subsidizing, again not a fan but at least we're subsidizing WORKING people.....Big difference.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    cav115 and Gorilla George like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.