1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While the hospitals nearby have empty beds...

cav115 likes this.
  2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Why doesn’t the rest of the country chill on the reopening thing, wait a couple weeks, see what the results are in Georgia and then make a decision?

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

becaus unemployment, bills, food costs....life!

cav115 likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Because the rest of the country is starving, too.

5. R1Racer99

This point makes no sense to me as an unemployed person. The news keeps talking about how many people are unemployed like their lives or finances are in jeopardy or something. The majority of the unemployed are restaurant workers, retail sales, etc. Most are making more now than they were when they were working and the rest of us should be able to pay our bills on $1200/wk. For us the real issue is what’s going to happen if and when they do reopen.

6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'd guess that some people will get sick. Some people will get better. Some people will die, you know, like what normally happens.

cav115 likes this.
  7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

The employees or Delta, AA, GM, Ford, And many other disagree

Fonda Dix likes this.
  8. R1Racer99

If you make so much money that you can’t live on a grand a week, I would hope that you’d have some money in the bank to get through tough times.

Slider82 likes this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

He wants to be a dictator. Just about everything he's done has been wrong.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I have been on 8 different commercial flights through 7 different airports since March 23 for work due to cancelled flights and fucked up routing and have purchased food at whatever place was open out of necessity. I would have had no trouble sitting down at a restaurant to eat after I gave the table a quick wipe with disinfectant just like I do the airplane seats. Am I still a keyboard hero if I said no problem? :D

I was actually more concerned about the mouth breathing imbeciles at the grocery stores pushing and shoving trying to get up to their 1000 roll quota of toilet paper or whatever the fuck else their Urban survivalist checklist had on it than I was about going through airports.

tl1098 and Phl218 like this.
  11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I’m in Fairfield county CT. 1500 new cases yesterday and almost 10k cases total. Just in my county. The local impact on hospitals is significant and health care workers I know have been stretched. I’m happy for areas with little activity and hope others can avoid this kind of outbreak. The new case rate has been flat or decreasing so that’s good though.

12. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Oh and my friends sister in PA is off the ventilator! I was worried after seeing some of the mortality stats for people needing a ventilator and she had some factors to worry about. But she is awake and able to talk and text so everyone is super stoked.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmmm....not really. A lot of states unemployment hasn't kicked in yet because they're so overwhelmed. So a ton of people have no income.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If you're that scared of this virus then you are welcome to hide in your house forever but
    other people need to get back to work.

ChemGuy and cav115 like this.
  15. Because if we have learned anything through this pandemic, it is that we can trust the media.

Who exactly did they poll?

Ive seen (and voted in) a few similar polls ive seen online. After you vote, you can see the results. And every one had complete opposite results as that one. All the polls I have seen were overwhelmingly in favor of going back to work (and life in general).

gixxernaut likes this.
  16. They were right, the Covid swap test sucks major ass. I just had one, and I swear the dude was digging for brain matter. I wanted to knock the shit out of him.

The test I had in London was the blood test for antibodies. I don't mind that. But fuck that swab test.

The shitty part is (assuming it is negative), ill have to do it again before I leave quarantine.

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

This. I’m one of them. I’m fortunate that I was able to build up a rainy day fund but many who live paycheck to paycheck were not.

18. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Which one? NTTAWWT

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Did they find any or does the search continue? :Poke::D

Sabre699 and auminer like this.
  20. Scook2397

Scook2397 Well-Known Member

well we know now that if you inject dis-infectant it will cure the flu....next is Forsythia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.