1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018+ Mustang GT

Discussion in 'General' started by tropicoz, Mar 29, 2020.

1. They won’t last 84 months is why :)

ChemGuy likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Give it 30 days...60 at most.

Discretionary auto purchases have flatlined.

3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I already drive a GTI, with the plaid seats......

Boman Forklift and motion like this.
  6. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

The Bullit has never been offered in black. The whole premise of the Bullit is the Highland Green paint.

noles19 likes this.
  8. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

nahhhh... im pretty sure we've been offered black ones. I could have sworn a kid i went to highschool with had a New Edge Bullit, in Black. See attachment.

Attached Files:

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

The 2018 Mustang GT with Performance 2 pkg is pretty Bad Ass.

Customer of mine is a professional driver/instructor and has one. Very capable on the road course. Pretty good value for what you get.

I drove the car, it was very fun.

tropicoz likes this.
  10. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Attached Files:

11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I like them, but the GT350 is much cooler.

Just keep in mind, it is 0% financing, but its a new car, so you loose a bunch of money driving off the lot.
    I personally like low mileage CPO cars, depreciation doesnt hit you as hard and still has warranty.

12. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Well that's stoooooopid. What made the Bullit the Bullit was the Highland Green. I stand corrected, sorry.

noles19 likes this.
  13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Back when I went to those places in Dallas, the strippers car was an old Porsche 928.

Jeez.....I knew I liked you....now if @BigBird would come out of hiding....I think he loved GTI's too.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Gino230 likes this.
  14. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

The last year I raced at Miller I got a free upgrade to one. Just wow. Strafed on-ramps every chance I got, ran up the canyons, very fun. It got tiresome, even, with the harsh suspension, noisy engine, etc, until I remembered I was a motorhead since I was a little kid, and nailed the gas again. My wife was glad when we gave it back.

Boman Forklift and tropicoz like this.
  15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Prefer PP1 with 10R80 and Magneride plus my choice of square wheel/tire setup for the street.

khill likes this.
  16. Only reason my neighbors is even remotely acceptable is because he bought it because it was a Bullet and is a huge fan. If I’m done hunting by 630 he told me to walk over and meet him at his hanger. If I get back in time I’m going to drive that thing like I’m leaving cars and coffee.

17. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Was it 2018 when the magneride became an option for the GT? I really like them on the GT350. It fixes the harsh ride that you might get otherwise.

As for the GT, they are still a great car in my opinion. There's a stigma with any car. I learned a long time ago to not give a crap and enjoy it. Twice I have gone shopping for something German, and twice I realized that a Mustang ticks all the boxes I wanted.

18. Hunting sucked and I’m already back home, showered and having a coffee and a smoke waiting to be picked up. If he will let me take video or even if he will take one with my phone I’ll post it up. Not sure how “legal” this is from the airports side of things. Never thought I’d ever be excited to drive a mustang. Now that I think about this more, I’ll meet him at the airport and assume he will let me take his car alone as I’m pretty good about abiding by the social distance thing. And I’ll wear gloves in the car ( and before I even touch it).

19. Agree. Huge stigma to them but hard to beat the value of them when it comes to fun factor.

20. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

I’m negotiating a 2019 w/pp2. It was down to either the Mustang or a used M550i. While the BMW would better suit my family, we couldn’t reach a deal so it’s back to the Mustang. I have a crew cab truck if I need to cart the kids around, so that makes this car purchase more sensible right lol? 99470B36-6E03-4B59-81FA-427101DF8AE3.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020