1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018+ Mustang GT

Discussion in 'General' started by tropicoz, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

The PP2 is such an amazing car for the money. I've been fortunate enough to spin a few laps around Gingerman in one. Other than tires/brakes/fluids I wouldn't change anything for a weekend track warrior.

tropicoz likes this.
  2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Dam, you dodged a bullet there. BMW's are crap these days.

tropicoz likes this.
  3. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

IMO, they have been good since the Coyote engine started in 2011. Even the live rear axle was not a showstopper. It made it kind of fun, since street driving is mostly point and shoot anyway. And, the present iteration has made an impression both domestically and internationally. Before that, aside from a high school crush, a mustang was not on my radar. I had and continue to have zero interest in the 4.6.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm sure the negotiations broke down after he told them they couldn't give him enough money to drive that pile off. :D

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

tropicoz likes this.
  6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

tropicoz likes this.
  7. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Jeebus Krist he buried that thing down that mountainside!

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Funny all the negative thoughts on Mustangs....I guess I'm oblivious?

I always like how mustangs sounded, and until the C7 and C8, my negative thoughts on American cars were reserved to the Corvette crew.

Gold Chain OLD guys unite!!!!!

Gino230 likes this.
  9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Oh I didn't post that because I don't like them. Far from it, I think they are awesome. It's just every time a car goes spinning into a crowd leaving a Cars and Coffee meet, it's a Mustang:crackup: The videos and memes are all over the web.

[​IMG]

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

My first non pos was an 82 GT 5.0 4 speed, black on black hatchback w/louvers. I was in high school working 2 jobs. Brought the salesman to my house and woke up my pops after he had just gotten home from 3rd shift at Goodyear. He co-signed in his boxers with 1 eye.

I had made the payments on a KXT 250 Tecate so I guess I proved Myself.

Took him for a ride the following day and he encouraged me to get on it (he was a gear head until the day he died). I got it sideways and he had the biggest smile on his face for a minute then the biggest worry on his face after that. He f'n knew.

That car spent more time sideways than it did going straight.

Mustangs will always have a special place in My heart.

I'm gonna get one of those LFP's soon.

scottn, Gino230 and tropicoz like this.
  11. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Them crashing says nothing about the cars and everything about the common drivers.

12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I felt like a pimp driving my buddies 89 GT Convertible. Nothing like it available in Ireland before I left. Sounded awesome.

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Stigma lol

It's funny when I was younger and buying Porsche/BMW I was a yuppie wannabe. Now that I'm older and love the 18+ for what it is I'm that "Mustang" guy.

Could be I just love fun cars regardless of brands and labels. I've never been a Vette fan but a C8 is cool also.

tropicoz likes this.
  14. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Things make 400whp bone stock. Power a foxbody needed a supercharger or a 351w swap to make. Now a kid can buy a 2011+ coyote car for 15k and have 400whp on tap....no shit they're being crashed....RWD cars are much more rare now-a-days. Back in the day, everyone grew up driving shitty rwd based cars that wanted to kill. I know my foxbodies did....i learned to drive on RWD cars...to me, steering corrections for oversteer come subconciously...

for a new driver who learned to drive on his parents 200hp Camry, then goes and buys a RWD car with 400whp, they dont have a clue how to correct.

You see it all the time, car starts to slide sideways and there's zero steering input to correct, then, the ultimate no no in fishtailing, they let go of the gas, maybe even hit the brakes, tires momentarily grab traction, then the weight shifts forward, offloading the rear suspension and say hi to snap oversteer and unrecoverable skid...

tropicoz likes this.
  15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The new cars do have traction control though,and skid control. Now if they turn it off then exactly what you said would happen happens..

16. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

You don’t get to do a sick burnout with the nannies turned on yo!!

ChemGuy likes this.
  17. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Even then, some stuff doesn't completely off unless you know the (easy google search) sequence. There's normal, sport mode, race mode, rain mode, drag mode; traction control off, advancetrac off, etc... To me, in-between can be even more confusing than all the way on or all the way off. The wheels will spin, but the car won't respond like you'd expect. Then you give it more to make it pivot, and again, and again. When it finally does, it's too far...

The nannies give a pretty short leash. Even sport and track modes aren't super free. All the way off drives like, well, a 400 or 500hp car...

18. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Chick car...

Sue me. That's the first thing I think ok f whenever I see one. Especially anything after early 70's.

And before you call mr an old turd, I'm only 34. So that's young turd to you :Poke:

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I watched an interview with Caroll Shelby. He called the original Mustang a "secretary's car".

lopitt85 likes this.
  20. So ripped up and down the strip 5 full runs. I didn’t launch the car as I want to be invited back to use it. I can say I was actually quite impressed with it. Super stable, felt pretty tight and didn’t wallow or so anything stupid. Brakes are very good as I did a couple hard stops as he told me to as he thinks it’s brakes way better than his jag svr.