1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018+ Mustang GT

Discussion in 'General' started by tropicoz, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I miss mine so bad. I could chew up huge amounts of highway between school visits. That car paired with a Valentine made Tulsa to DFW quick and fun.

2. khill

khill Well-Known Member

No...I've witnessed one going 11.9s stock and a few 11.60s with just a tune. Amazing.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

4. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I really miss owning a pony. I had 4 fox bodies. Loved them. You can't beat the $ to horspower ratio.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I’ve had a couple for rentals. Shockingly good car-hooks up quite well, particularly when compared to the Fox body. Really impressed with them, not sure I could get one up my driveway.

6. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Don’t buy until you call Lebanon Ford in Lebanon Ohio. You can buy brand new with full warranty GT with supercharger and 704hp for 39,999. That was before all this corona shit. Might be cheaper now. I have a 18 PP1 and miss the hell out of it.

tropicoz and YamahaRick like this.
  7. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

9. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

OP

My pals own a performance shop here in Kalamazoo MI called Strictly Performance Motorsports. They specialize in American v8 stuff and exotics. If you are going to get one to modify; its best to go with an 18+ for sure. With this, they changed the engine slightly and added port injection along side the direct injection. This allows them to be tuned much easier. I also believe the heads have slightly bigger valves. (not positive on this though) The big kicker here though if you're looking to modify.. the 10 speed trans.

HOLY SHIT.

That god damn thing is essentially bullet proof and just hammers power through itself and to the ground. I get to play around with these cars every so often. Strictly modifies the shit out them. plenty of 700-800hp builds with stock internals. The 10 speed cars are dead serious MORE FUN on the street.

People are running low 9 high 8 seconds on stock engine internals & stock transmission cars with turbos or superchargers.

Im not sure what you intent is though. I just priced out a 2020 GT with the Performance Package 2 options ( I would do a lot of track days so the 10 speed wouldn't be best for me) The 0% interest thing is really enticing..

Also, GM is doing it as well with Corvette and Camaro's. They'll even let you drive off in a ZL1 with 0% for 84 months.

Anyway, hope this helps. If you can, test drive a 10 speed.

tropicoz likes this.
  10. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

WOW! Definitely going to take a look! That’s nuts that you can get a 700hp modified Mustang from a dealer WITH A WARRANTY.
    Crap, the more I read into it, the more it looks like the auto is the better choice. It’s been years since I had a manual, and I’m hopped up on the idea of banging through gears again but daaaaaammmn, it’s hard to discredit everything I’m reading.

11. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

0% is only good on the 2019's... for now

negative.

you can get a C7 Z06 for 0% for 72 months though. C8 not included.

12. turbulence

so the mustang has the flappy paddle gears on the steering wheel, but they're kind of slow to react. it's not a Dual Clutch tranny. like i said, make sure the car you get has the drive mode switches

like this

[​IMG]

which will bring up this menu on the dash. I drive around in Sport + 99% of the time. it'll hold gears longer, and auto blip downshifts.. and it sounds glorious.

then if you flip it over into drag mode, it'll bang gears HARD. it'll chirp tires through the first 3-4 gears.

[​IMG]

tropicoz and TurboBlew like this.
  13. Chango

Chango Something clever!

In terms of maximum performance, yes, automatics have surpassed manuals in many cases. But, in terms of fun/driver involvement, no automatic is as good as a manual. If I'm buying a car for the daily grind down the interstate, an automatic is acceptable. However, if I'm buying a car specifically to be a fun car, it's going to be a manual because I think shifting my own gears is more fun.

Shocker, auminer, Senna and 4 others like this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

suprised MIR let that fella make more than 1 pass... he must know the owner. :) That trap speed is bike territory

15. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Preach!

16. Trainwreck

Sorry, I forgot to mention no C8. However, it is absolutely true about the ZL1. (at least a 2019) I have the chrome tab open right now. lol.

17. turbulence

can you screenshot that, cause this is all i get on chevy's site

hmm... shit.. i think you may be right! i'm having to look at cars on specific dealers websites to see the 0%

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  18. Trainwreck

You might have to use the "build your own" option.

Attached Files:

19. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I don't see a reason to buy a new one when you can rebuild from top to bottem an 87-93 GT hatch for less money.

20. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Because if you rebuild a 93, it still looks like a 93...

Boman Forklift and Dragginass like this.