The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Jerome asked if I wanted to race with him & Dany.
    You would think that I would be the driver they would worry about crashing the car.
    Nope. Then after my stint, I told them to call me if I was not back in time.
    I wake up and see the car in the pits. Blew and engine and they called it quits.
    I ended up driving the final 3+ hours.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Steam is also required for most VR systems other than Rift.

3. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Well unless Kenny says he has voodoo magic to work, this computer is going back. Has been nothing but temperamental and problematic and I haven’t even done anything with it yet. Graphics driver issues, freezing randomly, and more. I knew a 2080 for that price was too good to be true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

He should be somewhat happy.
    He finished a race tonight :)
    What exactly is going on ?

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I had a good run up to the pitstop. The finish was not so great due to my mistake on the pits and the results of that mistake. I'll dial it in some more for next week.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

USB port on wheel pushed in. Paddles started acting up. Changed wheels and remapped. Had to go back into controls to fix things and it forced a tow.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What’s your budget?

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Switched to Spectrum due to AT&T only offering DSL. Thought that would solve my disconnection issues.
    Nope. Keep happening. After going through pages in the VR forum I find a post about Valve settings.
    Ran for a long time @144hz. Then dropped it down to 120.
    Used the guys setting before Sebring . Set it @ 90 and changed the per eye resolution.
    3 hours of driving, not FR or disconnect issues.

9. stevedave

$1000 - $1500 but will be buying from my work since they will give me a $500 subsidy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

code3ryder likes this.
  10. stevedave

So how much do you guys play iracing? What does a weekly schedule look like? Is it for leagues or do you just do private practice?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Everyone is a little different. I don't run official races so it's practice and league races only for me. We usually practice a couple nights a week before race day and then race day. We do private practice sessions but also just jump into any practice room at other times. Just depends on what mood we are in.

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I just jumped back into racing GT3's {AMG} in Official races.
    After getting my ass handed to me with GTE's. Never mastered high down force driving.
    First race back I took 4th. Got a speeding penalty coming out of the pits on top of a 1.5 second slow down for cutting a corner.
    Had it not been for that I would have won the race.
    On Monday nights, Kenny, Mark, Erik & myself league race the GT4 Porsche Cayman.

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Well, I got my playseat, hooked up my wheel and pedals, only to discover that the iracing I was running on my MAC is no longer supported. I started doing the boot camp / windows route, but this is fraught with difficulties and in the end will still be a mediocre workaround. So I’ve started looking at dedicated gaming pc’s.
    Any noob advice? I would like to be able to run 3 monitors or a VR headset eventually, at a decent frame rate.

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Always cheaper to build one yourself.
    Where do you live and what's your price range ?

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

They just put LA county, and I heard this morning, California on lock down...calling it stay at home to sound less like a police state:eek:.

I came into work to try and tie things up. Now would have been a great time to already own one of these setups, so I would have something fun to do while wasting away out here. Too bad I didn't already t least buy some stuff, because now I should conserve cash, it looks like my business will be shut down for a minimum of 4 weeks and likely 8-12 weeks.

Gino230 likes this.
  16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Good luck. 2 cases in my area.
    My business depends on the Summer tourist trade.
    Been slammed the last couple of days.
    We'll see what happens in the upcoming weeks.

17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I live in S. Florida. I was trying to do this as cheap as possible, of course. I was looking at some of the alien ware $800 computers- literally no idea what type of machine I need.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You're best bet would be to get in touch with @600 dbl are
    He lives in Fl and could build you one to meet your needs.

19. stevedave

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

More than enough to get you going. Just will eventually need to upgrade the GPU.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hLMpFG

I live in central Florida and would be more than happy to help.