1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I haven't' seen the article yet......but I say WOOOOO HOOOOOO, I have always liked him even though many don't. I really love his focus and even though the races could be boring, loved how he could just walk away from everyone when he was in the zone.

Ra.Ge. Raptor and crazymofo like this.
  2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

That also depends on whether the Yamaha is capable of winning.

turbulence likes this.
  3. Chango

Chango Something clever!

This makes me want to go to Valencia even more. Then I can watch a bunch of old guys in their final race before they retire and maybe see Lorenzo on his Yamaha if he wildcards again.

Boman Forklift and JJJerry like this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

It has to be. I have Quat as one of my riders on fantasy Motogp.

5. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

There won't be a 2020 MotoGP season no matter what wishful thinking Carmelo has. Will a year off make Valentino say fuck it, I don't really care anymore? Maybe he'll take up impregnating as many supermodels as he can and make a whole clan of mini-Vales. Would be crazy if Valencia 2019 was Valentino's last race and nobody realized it at the time.

busa99 likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

A season doesn't have to be 20 races. If they can manage to schedule 12, that will be enough for a solid championship. And maybe some good would come out of it and they will realize that 20 is way too much anyway. They need to go back to 16, just like F1 needs to. At some point, it's just not special anymore. There's a reason why the NFL is so successful. I am convinced that this has a lot to do with the fact that we have to wait for it.

8. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Apparently the NFL doesn’t realize that. They are going to 17 games with the new CBA

scottn and Circacee like this.
  9. Quicktoy

The nfl is trying to get Motogps fan base by copying their model ;)

busa99 likes this.
  10. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Peter Principle applies to pro sports as well.....

busa99 likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shit must be real if the WWE is canceling events. :eek:

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Shocker from a fake sport....

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That signed TV deals for 1 Billion and 1.5 Billion, could buy motogp, shut it down and not blink and gets paid more to run two shows a year in Saudi then indy cars makes a year?

Yep, fake sports. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  14. Quicktoy

Lmao. He wouldn’t call it fake if he climbed in the ring. Yes it may be acting. It’s far from fake lol.

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Man, WWE fans are touchy about their ULTIMATE favourite spor.... entertainment! :D

Newyork likes this.
  16. Quicktoy

I hate professional wrestling. Far from a fan.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I would say it is considerably harder to make it look like you are severely hurting someone with actually hurting them than it is to actually hurt them. There is athleticism, talent and a lot of practice to make that show go on in those rings for sure.

18. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

^^this^^

19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

But the snowflakes that are too good for it will always let you know how far above you they think they are.

20. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Which by definition makes it fake.

If someone likes professional wrestling that's fine by me but using the word real to describe it is a game of semantics. Just admit you like acting with athleticism for entertainment.

Professional Simulated Wrestling might be a better description.

I've been watching the Diecast Rally Championship and it's highly entertaining to me but I ain't calling it real.