1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

#1. Kyle won't speak ill of the Duc while racing it - never gonna happen. CE5 and Debise are the only two racers recently that I can recall that call a shite bike - shite while racing it. Kyle strikes me as a racer/owner who isn't a fan of biting the hand that feeds him parts/know-how/support - paid for or not.

#2. If he says the bike is amazing that is essentially half a sentence and the rest would be "...so clearly I'm not fast enough to put it on the box". Again - not words racers usually are known for spewing casually.

Hopefully having 2 on the grid helps both of the racers and this year things tighten up and we see 6-8 bikes consistently battling up front instead of the 3-4 bike foregone conclusions of recent years.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

How much of a reset was it really for Attack Yamaha team?

It looked like Cambo has previous factory equipment to test with right away whereas Toni will be starting fresh with a new bike to build/develop.

I don't see anyone challenging Cam on a consistent basis season long.

Senna likes this.
  3. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Supposedly Toni is using his bike from last year.

4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

rafa likes this.
  5. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Agreed. If anything, I think that program is stronger under Stanboli and him having more direction without the bureaucracy of an in house program. It seems they’ve already done more testing than last year too.

Westby is going to be tough. They have a year with the electronics, have tested a ton, and are closer aligned to the Factory/ Attack team. They’re still doing the same thing, but no doubt they could get some of the special parts easier now.

The Toni bike situation is interesting. As I have said in several posts, Factory Attack and Westby have done at least half a dozen tests already. Hammer had some ground to make up against last year’s baseline, let alone any gains the others make. I can’t see many of the Yosh guys wanting to move to Alabama, but hopefully they retained a few of those guys as fly-ins. If he has last year’s bike, wonder how Suzuki managed that?

Herrin is going to go fast on that bike. It’s every bit as fast as the Ducati and the Yosh Suzuki’s in a straight line, and I think after Josh learning how to ride the point and shoot Suzuki last year, it’s going to work really well for him. Steve is making that bike more refined every year and it has shown flashes of being able to run with the factories. I think Josh can bring more money in, as well as a better technical rider in terms of setup than Eslick and Gagne.

Hoping to see Kyle make improvements from last year. I think PJ is going to be right there too - whether it’s a SSTK Cup bike or an actual Superbike.

jd41 and Senna like this.
  6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

That post was a meeting nothing confirmed....

And yes we did.

7. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

RRP and jksoft like this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Is that confirmed anywhere?

9. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Herrin got a ride!! Check road racing world!!

Are they going to have the new BMW?

10. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Post 1470.....Johnny B will be here shortly to tell you what you've won!

turbulence and track wagon like this.
  11. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing Gagne on a competitive bike again.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

At least I didnt make a whole new thread about it ;)

turbulence likes this.
  13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

So Ashton yates on a superbike honda, wonder if yosh is part of it?

14. Yes :)

Circacee likes this.
  15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not a bad list so far.....and I nice mix of international flare there as well, nearly 1/2 the field are from outside the US.

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 2.22.40 PM.png

17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I like the diversity from the FLY racing group. A Kawi, Yamaha and Suzuki.

track wagon likes this.
  18. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

PJ's Oklahoma hometown is weird. He's a NY'er, but none of them seem to align with where most are currently living.

So these are for season entrants, correct? You can still locals doing races when they come to town?

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I asked because I heard M4 wasn’t running a Twins entry this year?

20. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

How much loss in efficiency is there with that approach? Three types of extra wheels, extra motors, bodywork, etc.

badmoon692008 and Senna like this.